Actual exchange with my roommate...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual exchange with my roommate...

As he makes his velveta shells and "cheese" for dinner.

Him: Whatcha doin'?

Me: Chopping vegetables.

Him: Why?

Me: Because I'm going to use them to make dinner when my friends come over.

Him: Whatcha making?

Me: I'm making veggie stir-fry with shrimp and eggs.

Him: Ew. That sounds nasty.

Me: Why's that?

Him: I don't like shrimp, I don't eat eggs because of the cholesterol, and veggies are just... Nasty.

Me: I see.

Him: Why can't you just be a normal person and cook mac n' cheese for God's sake?!?

*sigh*
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

He's a dumb dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
      He's a dumb dumb.
      I'm glad he has one of the best health insurance plans in the country, because he's going to need it before too long at the rate he's going.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

yeah the eggs are going to clog his arteries, but of course the extremely processed velveta isn't. I eat 10 eggs a day, doesn't seem to be doing me any harm. It's horrible one of the most nutritious foods has been demonized.
        Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
        Before and after pics
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
        Primal Sucess Story
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
        Primal Journal
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

Just eat velveeta like "normal" Americans!! You know, normal! Obese, disease ridden, depressed, lethargic, diabetic, NORMAL AMERICANS!

Comment

I've never had mac and cheese. I imagine it's a pasta thing in a thin cheese sauce. Is it made from a packet?

It's not a normal thing to eat over here.

Not saying we don't have our fair share of packet crap over here though! Just not that one.
            My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

Originally posted by BennettC View Post
              yeah the eggs are going to clog his arteries, but of course the extremely processed velveta isn't. I eat 10 eggs a day, doesn't seem to be doing me any harm. It's horrible one of the most nutritious foods has been demonized.
              Eh, I'm not going to debate it with him. It just isn't worth it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Moll View Post
                Just eat velveeta like "normal" Americans!! You know, normal! Obese, disease ridden, depressed, lethargic, diabetic, NORMAL AMERICANS!
                "But I dun wanna!"

"YOU WANT THE TERRORISTS AND COMMIES TO WIN?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Silky View Post
                  I've never had mac and cheese. I imagine it's a pasta thing in a thin cheese sauce. Is it made from a packet?

It's not a normal thing to eat over here.

Not saying we don't have our fair share of packet crap over here though! Just not that one.
                  White macaroni pasta with cheese melted on top. You can actually make your own cheese sauce with, you know, honest to god, thick, creamy, cheesey goodness, but my roommate prefers the packet cheese.

Comment

Oh LORD. Hahahahahha!

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                      White macaroni pasta with cheese melted on top. You can actually make your own cheese sauce with, you know, honest to god, thick, creamy, cheesey goodness, but my roommate prefers the packet cheese.
                      I watch part of Rachel Ray sometimes (because she's on the channel that's on where I work lol) and she just did a mac and cheese dish where she made her own cheese sauce that included pureed roasted butternut squash and carrot pieces! Looked delicious.

Comment

Wow... even when I ate CW style I would've preferred the stir fry. Not the brightest bulb on the tree is he?

Comment

I was a pasta addict, so I think I know where he's coming from. Addiction to pasta aside, learning to eat real food was one of the biggest puzzles of my life. I was keeping carrots in the silverware drawer, burning food, you name it. It's scary, and not everyone is up to the task.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Moll View Post
                            Oh LORD. Hahahahahha!
                            "You have a patriotic DUTY to eat those shells and chese NOW young lady!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jena View Post
                              Wow... even when I ate CW style I would've preferred the stir fry. Not the brightest bulb on the tree is he?
                              Nope. And he just walked out of the kitchen complaining that his girlfriend got the "small" ice cream bars and not real "man-sized" ice cream bars.

Comment

Working...
                              X