Actual exchange with my roommate...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moll View Post
    I watch part of Rachel Ray sometimes (because she's on the channel that's on where I work lol) and she just did a mac and cheese dish where she made her own cheese sauce that included pureed roasted butternut squash and carrot pieces! Looked delicious.
    That would be WAY too much effort for my roommate.

But uh, can I have that recepie for the sauce? I''d love to top my veggies with it sometime.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      I was a pasta addict, so I think I know where he's coming from. Addiction to pasta aside, learning to eat real food was one of the biggest puzzles of my life. I was keeping carrots in the silverware drawer, burning food, you name it. It's scary, and not everyone is up to the task.
      Oh, he sees how I eat and is absolutely MORTIFIED by it. He says I am a certified nut-job for eating as much fat as I do.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        I was a pasta addict, so I think I know where he's coming from. Addiction to pasta aside, learning to eat real food was one of the biggest puzzles of my life. I was keeping carrots in the silverware drawer, burning food, you name it. It's scary, and not everyone is up to the task.
        I was also a pasta addict, but with delicious homemade sauce! And dude... carrots in the silverware drawer, lol? You have certainly come a long way!

Comment

Originally posted by Silky View Post
          I've never had mac and cheese. I imagine it's a pasta thing in a thin cheese sauce. Is it made from a packet?
          OMG this stuff is super nasty. Be glad you have never tried this abomination from a carton. My parents tried to feed a box to me when I was like 7, and I never could get past the first spoonful. Disgusting stuff.
          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
            OMG this stuff is super nasty. Be glad you have never tried this abomination from a carton. My parents tried to feed a box to me when I was like 7, and I never could get past the first spoonful. Disgusting stuff.
            Then you had better taste than your parents did at age seven. Pretty sad to know that actually.

What we'll feed our children these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
              Then you had better taste than your parents did at age seven. Pretty sad to know that actually.

What we'll feed our children these days.
              Lol well to be fair, I think they bought it out of convenience and being cheap, not because it tasted good xD As a kid, I often had cabbage because it was cheap...although I wasn't complaining because I liked it

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                Lol well to be fair, I think they bought it out of convenience and being cheap, not because it tasted good xD As a kid, I often had cabbage because it was cheap...although I wasn't complaining because I liked it
                Yeah, maybe. But the fact that they thought it would be healthy to serve it to you is the more disturbing part.

Comment

Nope. And he just walked out of the kitchen complaining that his girlfriend got the "small" ice cream bars and not real "man-sized" ice cream bars.
                  The bitch! How dare she!

Comment

Yeah, maybe. But the fact that they thought it would be healthy to serve it to you is the more disturbing part.
                    Yeah, I think so. At least they learned their lesson when they found their $1 went to waste. We didn't have that much prepackaged foods when I was growing up, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Jena View Post
                      The bitch! How dare she!
                      He just came back for a second one. I guess it really WAS too small.

Comment

How are there so many people in this world who never learned the basic rule of not making rude comments about other people's food?! Even if he was thinking it, did he have to say it? The mind boggles.

Comment

He just came back for a second one. I guess it really WAS too small.
                          Lol. I don't miss having roommates, but I am glad that you have one to tell entertaining stories about

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                            How are there so many people in this world who never learned the basic rule of not making rude comments about other people's food?! Even if he was thinking it, did he have to say it? The mind boggles.
                            Yes, he asks questions about EVERYTHING I do and then says something rude about it.

For example: "You're going for ANOTHER walk? But you just went on one YESTERDAY! Sit down and relax for God's sake!"

I should have responded with, "Yeah, if I did that, I might wind up looking like YOU. No thanks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jena View Post
                              Lol. I don't miss having roommates, but I am glad that you have one to tell entertaining stories about
                              It confounds me with thinking about how stupid he is. I'm wondering how he made it this far in life without some bear just coming down from the mountains and eating him.

Comment

It confounds me with thinking about how stupid he is. I'm wondering how he made it this far in life without some bear just coming down from the mountains and eating him.
                                Lol... yeah I know a few people like that... not necessarily because they subscribe to CW, most people, including some intelligent ones do. But your roomie just sounds like a tool. Maybe you should take him camping and hope for bears

Comment

Working...
                                X