Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alzheimer's could be a form of diabetes (NY Times article)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alzheimer's could be a form of diabetes (NY Times article)

Interesting article, one more reason to lay off the junk foods:

Is Alzheimer's Type 3 Diabetes? - NYTimes.com

*Like*
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

awesome.

i can think of more than a few people who need a little extra prodding to ease up on their SAD and lean toward ancestral health a little more, and this article should push them way over the edge.
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

That's probably the reason why Ketogenic diets are showing significant benefits in halting the progress of Alzheimers and in some cases partial reversal of symptoms, once the coconut oil craze hits there'll be a word wide shortage.
        "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Loved this and shared it through Facebook.
          yay!

Comment

I shared it with my family also. Just got a message from my sister:

you sent this to me already, don't you remember?
            65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Hmm...

My one issue with this article is that it lumps the "type 3 diabetes dementia/Alzheimers" in with "obesity related health costs"

But from what I've seen Alzheimers and dementia often affect those with poor dietary habits who may have avoided obesity as a result.
              Obesity is not necessarily a marker for the poor dietary habits that will lead to "type 3 diabetes" and the failing mind.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Very interesting and makes sense!

Comment

I know quite a few people in aged care, and I told them this theory about type 3 diabetes in Alzheimers. I just got a strange stare in return, and then a correction about how I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X