No announcement yet.

Please give me some ideas for good carbs to eat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far the only female response here has been me.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I chimed in too....

I think you can do batch cooking and still eat a healthy variety of foods without being limited to buckwheat and chicken. And enjoying healthy foods doesn't make you fat. A lot of people here are very fit and enjoy the hell out of the full rangeof primal foods.

You kind of might consider looking into some resources on ED's.....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Ahh, Sorry Magnolia...
        Still... I think the guys have out represented the ladies here.

Bulk cooking does not have to mean eating the same thing every day.

Cook a big batch, portion into whatever size you want, mark the packages well, and freeze...
        Then you can mix and match as many foods as you want to easily on a day to day basis.
        You can get them out an put them in the refrigerator the night before... or not.

Also... 100% what Magnolia said...
        People here have lost 100, even 200! lbs eating and ENJOYING a full range and wide variety of healthy primal foods.
        Whole natural foods... meats, vegetables, some fruits, nuts and some seeds in moderation... are NOT a problem and do not "make people fat".
        Last edited by cori93437; 09-28-2012, 01:39 PM.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I've typed a few responses to this thread and decided not to post them, 'cause "if you can't say something nice...."

OP: poke around the site, read some sample menus that Mark has posted, and maybe listen to what people have said in their responses... lots of people even post daily menus...

Since you seem to want a list, here are some carbs I eat regularly:
          Cabbage
          Brussels Sprouts
          Onions
          Tomatoes
          Zucchini
          Leeks
          Scallions
          Squash (summer and winter)
          Carrots
          sweet potatoes
          Sprouts (alfalfa, clover, radish, etc.)
          broccoli
          Asparagus
          cauliflower
          peppers
          mushrooms

These things:
          get eaten raw
          OR are tossed with olive oil & seasoning, go in the oven to roast (anywhere from 350-425, roast until it seems done)
          OR go in a skillet with some yummy fats & seasonings (med to high heat until it seems done)
          OR get steamed
          do an internet search for specific recipes.

More carbs that I eat raw (or as-packaged):
          Cucumber
          berries (blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, blackberry)
          young coconut
          old coconut
          avocado
          olives
          aged raw cheese
          greek yogurt
          heavy cream
          pineapple
          Apples
          Oranges
          Bananas
          Peaches, Nectarines & plums

again, google is your friend if you have questions about how to prepare these things.

Oh, and 1. IME, it's mostly men on this site AND in this thread, and 2. being born with a vagina doesn't mean you automatically know how to cook (and some women might be offended that you implied this).

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
            Oh, and 1. IME, it's mostly men on this site AND in this thread, and 2. being born with a vagina doesn't mean you automatically know how to cook (and some women might be offended that you implied this).
            Yep...

Having a vagina doesn't mean you like to shop either...
            I have a bank account smack full of money... and avoid shopping like the PLAGUE.
            I like the f*king t-shirts I have, thank you.
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

THANK YOU PRIMALMAMA

GREAT LIST. I will have to work my way through it and see what i like but its a great base to work with.

on a side note, my apologies ladies, perhaps i was over zealous in my comments

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                I chimed in too....

I think you can do batch cooking and still eat a healthy variety of foods without being limited to buckwheat and chicken. And enjoying healthy foods doesn't make you fat. A lot of people here are very fit and enjoy the hell out of the full rangeof primal foods.

You kind of might consider looking into some resources on ED's.....
                what do you mean by EDs?

Comment

also, look here: http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/up...FoodMatrix.pdf

Comment

Dude don't be neurotic. Why don't you try out different carbs and see how they affect you. I eat rice, noodles, bread, pasta, potatoes, just not all at once.

If you lived in a country where food is scarces and starvation is a real issue, I think you wouldn't be so picky and be thankful for any carbs.

Comment

Comment

decided to go with the following foods for my big bulk cook

- acorn squash
                        - buckwheat
                        - zucchini
                        - carrot
                        - mushrooms
                        - bell peppers
                        - turkey breast (instead of chicken)

I will have some walnuts for omega 3 fatty acids

the only bad thing I will do is I will be using Uncle Bens Tikka Masala sauce in the soup. I know it's probably very bad but i just love that sauce!

Each meal I have will be a combination of those above. I will probably eat 4/5 times per day. After a week I will see how my body is handling it.

What do you think of that diet??? I am excited to buy the foods tomorrow and cook it!

I will also add lean beef, chicken breast, salmon, broccoli and drink some egg whites for protein 2/3 times per week but what I wrote above will be the baseline fundamentals that i will be consuming.

perhaps the buckwheat is not a good idea but about 300g per day shouldn't cause too much damage.
                        Last edited by paul900; 09-28-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I'd like to thank all the people in the thread!!!

Comment

i may use some tumeric powder on the turkey for flavour.

this might be the perfect diet!!

Comment

Originally posted by paul900 View Post
                              I will have some walnuts for omega 3 fatty acids
                              the only bad thing I will do is I will be using Uncle Bens Tikka Masala sauce in the soup. I know it's probably very bad but i just love that sauce!
                              Each meal I have will be a combination of those above. I will probably eat 4/5 times per day. After a week I will see how my body is handling it.
                              What do you think of that diet??? I am excited to buy the foods tomorrow and cook it!
                              I will also add lean beef, chicken breast, salmon, broccoli and drink some egg whites for protein 2/3 times per week but what I wrote above will be the baseline fundamentals that i will be consuming.
                              perhaps the buckwheat is not a good idea but about 300g per day shouldn't cause too much damage.
                              Can I ask if you've actually read anything about primal eating?
                              If you have, go back and re-read, 'cause you missed A LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
                                Can I ask if you've actually read anything about primal eating?
                                If you have, go back and re-read, 'cause you missed A LOT.
                                I skimmed through the book. Honestly, its got way too much fluff for me to sit and read every word.

You have to admit that diet above is pretty good. Maybe you take exception to the buckwheat I am eating?

Comment

Working...
                                X