Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgraded Self Coffee--your thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upgraded Self Coffee--your thoughts?

    If you have tried this coffee I wanted to know what you thought of it ie. energy levels, taste. I recently bought a small bag to try and my initial impressions are I like the taste, the caffeine buzz seems clean and by that I dont get jittery from it I just feel alert and relaxed, calm at the same time. No gut burn or discomfort like I get from some other coffee beans. Overall I give it a thumbs up. What has been your experience with it?

  • #2
    I've been drinking it for a couple of months and I like it. I drink it several days a week and skip breakfast and then I eat a small snack in the afternoon, around 2:00, lately I've been eating an avocado. So I'm combining BP coffee with IFing. It works for me.

    Comment


    • #3
      bump to front

      Comment


      • #4
        I like it. When I ran out last time I ordered Guatemalan coffee directly from Portland Roasters. I think it's the same exact coffee, and if not, it is indistinguishable.

        Comment


        • #5
          Portland Roasters is the brand that he uses for Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee? Is there anything else done to it to make it "bulletproof"? The Portland Roasters website has a Hunapu from Guatemala, is that the one?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bestill View Post
            Portland Roasters is the brand that he uses for Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee? Is there anything else done to it to make it "bulletproof"? The Portland Roasters website has a Hunapu from Guatemala, is that the one?
            Yes that's the one I bought. His coffee is roasted and packaged by Portland Roasters and I know it is a single origin coffee from Guatemala. I don't think he sells enough for his coffee to be something that only he and he alone has access to, so I'm guessing he just sources the best product possible and has it labeled for his own sales. He tells somewhere on his website how to seek out the best high grade coffee in whatever city you're traveling to, so he acknowledges that there are other acceptable high grade coffees out there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Miss Understood, you're kind of putting words in my mouth. You can get 80% reliability that your coffee is going to make you feel good if you follow the "high grade" algorithm I published on the site. That works because washed coffee is FAR superior to natural process, but Upgraded Coffee is neither - it is entirely unfermented, and the process I designed to create it has a bunch of other quality control steps involved based on the research I did. Upgraded Coffee gives you 100% reliability and costs $2/bag more than Starbucks.

              I am certain that coffee production problems are a major cause of health problems (and performance problems) in people who drink most coffee. I dream of a world where I can get clean coffee everywhere.

              So of course I went to the top ranked roaster to roast my beans. Guatemala is a big coffee producer and Portland has some Guatemalan beans too that will look similar (they are both from Guatemala after all) , but the only place you can get Upgraded Coffee (which is lab tested too btw!) is from me. Plus, you're supporting a member of the community who has never made a cent from selling coffee - everything I've made so far has gone into paying for a team and for more research and writing on the site. It's not overpriced for what it is, and it's unique.

              Originally posted by Miss Understood View Post
              Yes that's the one I bought. His coffee is roasted and packaged by Portland Roasters and I know it is a single origin coffee from Guatemala. I don't think he sells enough for his coffee to be something that only he and he alone has access to, so I'm guessing he just sources the best product possible and has it labeled for his own sales. He tells somewhere on his website how to seek out the best high grade coffee in whatever city you're traveling to, so he acknowledges that there are other acceptable high grade coffees out there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Bulletproof exec, thanks for the clarification. I ordered direct from Portland Roasters last time after reading on your site a few complaints about slow shipping times from you. That was possibly a temporary problem that has since been corrected. Aside from that issue I would prefer to support your site. I have purchased MCT oil and collagen peptide from you as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Kinda jealous of you, I get nervous and impatience when I drink coffee, like I want to smash something.
                  Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
                    Kinda jealous of you, I get nervous and impatience when I drink coffee, like I want to smash something.
                    It sounds like you are not drinking a high grade coffee. Cheap coffee will have that effect.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for the reply bulletproofexec. I will f/u with a PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My 1st shipment of Upgraded Coffee came in today and I just had a cup. I am a Starbucks guy from way back and I could not be happier. Not only is it top of the line stuff healthwise, it is REALLY good. Can't wait for my BP Coffee in the AM!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I like this.
                          CoffeeGeek - Coffee: General Discussion, Upgraded Coffee, Bulletproof Coffee, Mycotoxins and Health

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X