Monsanto Strikes Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
    I doubt it since the EU is so strict on GM foods. I'd also like to see some research that GM foods are harmful, or even better that this particular strain is.
    This is the wrong attitude: gene splicing and manipulation ideally need to be proven safe to be sold, not proven harmful when/if it causes problems.

Comment

This is disgusting. It is amazing how much sway marketing tactics have over people.

Comment

Originally posted by tarek View Post
        This is disgusting. It is amazing how much sway marketing tactics have over people.

True...

I'm not terribly afraid of a couple of ears of locally grown old fashioned sweet corn when it's in season.
        You're in O'town so you probably know that it's not hard to find good local smaller farm old fashioned stuff like "silver queen" and such when the time is right.
        Organic and Non-GMO.

Not something to eat all the time for sure.
        But a nice nostalgic treat for once or maybe twice in a nice and short 'prime' season.

I can't believe anyone, besides Monsanto, would argue that GMO's are harmless...
        I'm not a fan of Walmart either.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Found this link on the celiac forum: Russia suspends import and use of American GM corn after study revealed cancer risk | Mail Online

Monsanto IS truly the devil's bitch!
          Last edited by RenegadeRN; 09-26-2012, 09:45 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by CleoCat View Post
            Are you sure? My personal observation is that WM (the groceries that is) is not as cheap as they want people to believe. Personally I shop at Kroger a lot which I find cheaper and the quality is way better. I've also heard that Walmart does funny things with their meats. Like adding some chemicals to preserve it longer or whatever.
            I have heard good things about Kroger and I think I have one near me. I'm new to the area so I'm gonna look it up...thanks!
            Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
            Before and after pics
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
            Primal Sucess Story
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
            Primal Journal
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

I shop at Walmart for Motor oil, and drain cleaners. Sometimes a scented candle if I am in the mood. Nothing else in there warrants my attention.

Comment

Working...
              X