Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Article: Pro-Paleo : Diet and Disease: what's the link?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annedawso View Post
    In the UK I dont know anyone else who is Paleo. I just say I eat "real" food, not processed. Otherwise they look at you as if you are mad.
    I think that's the best way to describe it anyway! I just say I eat real food, and avoid grains and sugars. I don't go into an explanation of that (although I do get annoyed by people asking where my carbs come from lol). I figure if someone's interested, they'll ask questions.

Comment

Mulloon Institute appears to be focussed on organic farming from a CW nutritional perspective. So a lot of good but not paleo. The search continues
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Just to put the Aussie offer out there, I booked half a pig, pasture raised etc. organic principles but not super strict, they're just starting out, last time I spoke to them they had 3 which should be ready to slaughter, pick up will be at an Abatoir in Picton, South of Sydney, anyone interested send me PM I will talk to them this weekend and check if it is all sold yet. They were predominantly pasture as they were using them to work over a section of dirt to start a market garden, so probably on the leaner side, not sure what they use for supplementary feed, but will ask when I talk to them.
        Will also post a new thread as well.
        "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

What I always wonder is if the soil is so deficient in magnesium everywhere and so deficient in selenium in lots of places, where are they getting the magnesium and selenium from for supplements?

That's a nice article you found, Betorq. You always find good ones.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

"If you double your fibre intake, you halve the risk of bowel cancer, he says. Eat a high-fibre cereal, or make your own baked beans. He uses a recipe from Stephanie Alexander, which has bacon, one of the things to avoid - but he prefers everything in moderation. "

Just curious as to what high fibre foods you eat. I eat a lot of vegetables, just worrying though this may not be enough?
            I would suggest this probably falls under displacement theory. I quite agree with the fella that states 3-5 veggie/fruits a day and a half a carrot is one serving....so two carrots and your good! Seems most HG's are meat centric and when they do eat something else its fruits and root veggies....those standard vegetables and leafy greans were never high on their list. I still like a good salad myself though.

Comment

"If you double your fibre intake, you halve the risk of bowel cancer, he says. Eat a high-fibre cereal, or make your own baked beans. He uses a recipe from Stephanie Alexander, which has bacon, one of the things to avoid - but he prefers everything in moderation. "

Just curious as to what high fibre foods you eat. I eat a lot of vegetables, just worrying though this may not be enough?
              I eat chia seeds soaked overnight in water. They along with, a couple of stevita drops, powdered cinnamon/ginger/turmeric, frozen organic berries are blended into a post-workout smoothie. Also omega-3 enriched eggs (2-4 of 'em depending on my mood or how many eggs I have), home made yogurt or kefir, maybe toss in some hemp seeds.

Bottom line is I get my fibre from green leafy veggies mostly(arugula, spinach, brocolli, small ass & big ass salads), chilli peppers, bell peppers, tomatoes, celery etc as well as some super food seeds & some berries too. Don't sweat it, I don't...
              Last edited by Betorq; 09-28-2012, 02:58 AM.
              "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
              "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
              "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
              X