soft foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft foods?

Hi, I have been eating primal for about a week now and doing great, but yesterday I had a ton of dental work done and I can only eat liquids and very soft foods for the next couple days. The dentist suggested pudding. Yesterday I was pretty drugged after the appointment and I just had ice cream and went to bed. It was the first "cheat" since I started, and I didn't even enjoy it. (I haven't felt the desire to cheat since I started). Any ideas for very soft foods that don't require much prep work? I'm still on narcotic pain meds and can't do a lot of cooking right now. I thought about maybe some softly scrambled eggs today but would love some other ideas too.

Coconut milk blended with avocado is delicious and about the texture of a thick, creamy pudding.

Also, you could bake some winter squash or sweet potato until very soft, then whip up with lots of butter and cream.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

cauliflower mashed with lots of butter, goats cheese or feta, sour cream and chives mmmmm

challenge yourself
      i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Eggs and cheese! Avocado's are a good idea, as stated above and I second the mashed cauilflower from Eva...

Also, protein shakes with some coconut oil are an easy make. Also cottage cheese...

Comment

Aw, I just went through this.

I poached eggs into soup, that was delicious and satisfying. (Only if you like soft poached eggs like I do though.)

I made coconut milk smoothies too. Lots of good fats and you could add protein powder or eggs.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
          -John Lennon

Comment

FAGE? sour cream/eggs, fish is practically melt in your mouth, coconut milk i second that!

Get on my Level
            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

What the hell kind of dentist recommends pudding?

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I've only been on the PB for a week, but mashed sweet potatoes were my favorite thing to eat after my tonsillectomy in December (they're on the limited list, but I think dental surgery is a good reason to go nuts.

Comment

You can cook and mash any vegetable. Or fruit, for that matter. Nut butters. What about hardboiled eggs, or basically any kind of eggs?

LOL@Primalchild: the kind of dentist that wants repeat visits!

Comment

Hey, me too! I've been living off home-made cream of broccoli soup, Greek yogurt with tiny cut-up bits of strawberry, hot dogs (cut up small) and eggs. I have to eat my hard-boiled eggs with a spoon because I can't bite into anything.

Good luck!

Comment

chicken soup/ bone broth!

Comment

Working...
                      X