X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cossycarrick View Post
    Where is the Unit?
    Linfield Road industrial estate.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

Sabre, I'm curious, how many calories are you taking in most days ?
      And what physical activities do you do ?
      Thanks
      Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
      (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

I was eating twice a day until I started trying to put on a little weight. It's just too hard for me to get 3500 calories in two meals.

Comment

I eat 1 meal per day on weekdays
          2 to 3 meals on the weekends
          I don't ever snack
          I originally started doing this after reading one of the IFing threads that talked about how our bodies don't function well on eating 3+ meals a day. Since I was feeling so exhausted after eating, it made sense. If I only eat after work then I can relax after I ate and it wouldn't matter if I was feeling exhausted. When I was at work and ate breakfast and lunch it would take hours to feel my energy come back if it ever did. Now I have way more energy while at work and I feel like my brain is in the game more.
          I will do an occasional 48 hr (once every other week or so) fast too just to keep the weight loss moving.
          I usually stay between 1200 to 1400 cal per day (still 90/10 primal)
          Somedays I go as high as 1800 but it's usually on my weekends when I am at a Football game or with friends and can't say no to pulled pork or beef brisket.
          F/37yr/5' 5"
          SW: 154 March 2011
          CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
          PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
          With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
          GW: 120
          Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

Comment

Dinner only though the week (800-1200cal), weekends 2 most the time but once in a while 3.
            http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

this is what I started today. lean gains, eat stop eat. Breakfast is for the weak!
              Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
              Before and after pics
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
              Primal Sucess Story
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
              Primal Journal
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

I started doing this at the start of the week, it actually seems to make me sleep better.

I do have a random question, would it be better to have a glass of warm lemon water before the one large meal, or first thing in the morning? (assuming the meal is in the evening, the drink in the morning would probably be good to help fight off any overnight dehydration, but I was wondering if there was any way this could interfere with the benefits of the 20(ish) hour fast).

Comment

One a day on the weekdays for me. More often in the weekends.
                  Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                  5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                  Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                  TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                  bloodorchid is always right

Comment

If you switched to once a day I'm curious to hear how much time you spent 'experimenting' with it?
                    How long into your Primal journey did you figure out your own optimal eating pattern?

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
                    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

Comment

I eat 1 meal a day and I absolutely love it. Since I am fat adapted, during the day I am totally fine and have even energy. I only eat dinner, which could be anywhere from 2-6PM depending on my day. It is so satisfying to come home and have a delicious, filling meal. The best part is that I can do this, and adjust my calories to lose some extra fat if I feel the need to, and still be satisfied. Everybody at work who knows that I do this thinks I'm crazy and my body is going to go into starvation mode haha

Comment

Originally posted by froggie View Post
                        If you switched to once a day I'm curious to hear how much time you spent 'experimenting' with it?
                        How long into your Primal journey did you figure out your own optimal eating pattern?
                        I have to say that ketosis has made all the difference in one meal becoming a natural thing as opposed to something I tried to impose on my diet. I tried The Warrior Diet shortly before finding Primal and failed at it miserably. I could force myself to wait the 24 hours but then I would stuff in enough for two days in one meal. Now it's not watching the clock. It's more like, "Oh, it's 5pm and I haven't eaten yet today. How did that happen? Maybe I'll have something in a little while."

Comment

If I eat, I eat once a day at dinner time. Sometimes, I don't even eat at all and I'll go until the next day at dinner.

I've even started to incorporate 48-hour fasts now.
                          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Well I used to always eat 2 or 3 meals a day but both yesterday and today, after having a BPC in the morning, I've only eaten one meal. Today I had a late lunch (4ish pm), but now feel full when everyone else is eating their dinner, so I don't think I'll have another meal today.

I did sleep in though, as it's school holidays I'll probably eat more meals when I'm getting up early again! But we'll see .

Comment

What about drinking? I'm sure yall are drink water during the day. But what about coffee or tea?
                              "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

Comment

Yep I drink water and coffee with a little cream in it. I tried the whole Bullet proof coffee thing and I think it made me more hungry and I felt terrible. So I just add a litte heavy cream or half and half to my coffee. I drink decaf since caffinated makes my adrenals freak out and I don't sleep well. I also sometimes add sea salt and lemon to my water to give a little electrolites. Especially on my 48 hr fasting days. But thats it. Coffee, water, salt/lemon water, herbal tea on occasion.
                                F/37yr/5' 5"
                                SW: 154 March 2011
                                CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
                                PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
                                With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
                                GW: 120
                                Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

Comment

Working...
                                X