Cream Cheese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cream Cheese

I'm new to primal so excuse me if this is a silly question. I get the thing with the fats being good energy for us. But I've seen lots of people talking about cream cheese. So, cream cheese is not on the bad list?

Yay!!! I love cream cheese! But what do you eat it with on a primal diet?

I'm use to piling it high on bagels lol.
    "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

some can be pretty processed and junky -- not far off from american cheese. if you buy the good stuff, you can melt it on veggies, over eggs, or stir into soups. stuff it into celery too.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Ok, so we're not talking about the Philadelphia brand cream cheese? It would have to be like a natural cream cheese thing?

Comment

I take a container of high quality cream cheese and put it in the blender with a jar of drained roasted red peppers. Blend and it is heavenly. It can be eaten like a veggie dip or even like a roasted red pepper soup or gazpacho. Mmmmmmmmm............love it.
        F/37yr/5' 5"
        SW: 154 March 2011
        CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
        PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
        With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
        GW: 120
        Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

Comment

HORIZON ORGANIC, CREAM CHEESE
          INGREDIENTS: Organic Grade A Milk, and Cream, Cheese Cultures, Salt, and Locust Bean Gum.
          KRAFT, PHILADELPHIA SOFT LIGHT CREAM CHEESE
          INGREDIENTS: Pasteurized Nonfat Milk, and Milkfat, Whey, Whey Protein Concentrate, Cheese Culture, Salt, Calcium Phosphate, (Ingredient Not in Regular Cream Cheese), Stabilizers (Xanthan Gum, and/or Carob Bean Gum, and/or Guar Gum), Lactic Acid, (Ingredient Not in Regular Cream Cheese) Sorbic Acid, as a preservative (Ingredient Not in Regular Cream Cheese) Natural Flavor, (Ingredient Not in Regular Cream Cheese) Vitamin A Palmitate.
          lol, your call.
          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post

lol, your call.
            why would you compare regular cream cheese to light cream cheese?

regular kraft cream cheese is no different than the organic horizon brand aside from the questionable xantham or guar bean gums.

Pasteurized Nonfat Milk And Milkfat, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers (Xanthan And/Or Carob Bean And/Or Guar Gums).

Comment

Originally posted by mom5booklover View Post
              I take a container of high quality cream cheese and put it in the blender with a jar of drained roasted red peppers. Blend and it is heavenly. It can be eaten like a veggie dip or even like a roasted red pepper soup or gazpacho. Mmmmmmmmm............love it.
              Wow! That sounds so good!

Comment

I'm doing no dairy for a month, but I used to use it like a filling or spread. Slices of cooked meat (chicken, turkey, ham, beef) with a chunk of cheese at one end and then roll it up.
                Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

I like it just straight up, but maybe try it with an avocado or something? I've also stuffed chicken breast and chops with cream cheese before. try making some of your own with raw milk, its quite easy and highly nutritious
                  Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
                  Before and after pics
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
                  Primal Sucess Story
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
                  Primal Journal
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

Take a section of a cut up red pepper, fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon, bake in the oven till the bacon is done...so so yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmar View Post
                      Take a section of a cut up red pepper, fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon, bake in the oven till the bacon is done...so so yummy!
                      Oh that does sound yummy! And anything with bacon in it is a plus!

Comment

a good piece of ham, slather with cream cheese, roll it up... oh man, my mom used to give me these as a snack growing up.. "ham roll up" soooo goood.
                        "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I dilute it with cream or sour cream and make veggie dips. Sometimes garlic and herbs. Sometimes dried onions and seasonings, or I add a spicy mustard like Grey Poupon or another French mustard that's more horseradishy. Thin it a bit more and you can use any of these as a salad dressing.

Comment

Spread it on Free the Animal Fat Bread.

Comment

Make pesto: YUM!

Throw 3 cups of fresh basil leaves in a blender
                              4 ounces of cream cheese
                              4 ounces of Olive oil
                              1 cup of walnuts
                              3 tb. of garlic...

blend, blend, blend..add more olive oil if it needs to blend more so that it's smoothy..Pour over cooked fried zucchini in CO and it will fill you up good big time. Save the rest in ice cubes dishes and freeze. Pop them out, thaw and put on the table and eat with celery sticks if you like or other veggies. Pour over eggs or use as sauce for cauliflower pizza dough instead of red....Lotta options here if you can save it that long...My family loves it!

Comment

Working...
                              X