No announcement yet.

Cream Cheese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spread it on slices of cucumber and then top with smoked salmon....
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
      why would you compare regular cream cheese to light cream cheese?

regular kraft cream cheese is no different than the organic horizon brand aside from the questionable xantham or guar bean gums.

Pasteurized Nonfat Milk And Milkfat, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers (Xanthan And/Or Carob Bean And/Or Guar Gums).
      I had the same thought...

Comment

I take cream cheese and spread it on turkey slices and wrap that around a green onion occasionally...

Comment

Cream cheese is pretty much all crap. Even brands like Organic Valley still use multiple thickeners (xanthan gum, guar gum, carob gum, etc.) Brands like Philadelphia I believe add whey and other things. I've never seen decent cream cheese and it's almost exclusively junk.

That being said, I still eat it on occasion because I likes mah cheesecakez. But it's not a staple by any means. A single 99 cent bar would last a long time. A better substitute may be something like chevre as goat's milk is often better quality.
          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I found this recipe on Wellness Mama a couple of weeks ago and just got around to cooking it up a few nights ago. Everyone loved it! It tastes a lot like the spinach artichoke dip that is so freaking awesome, but without the crap. Super easy too.

Boneless chicken pieces, chopped spinach, marinated artichokes, cream cheese and parmesan.

Spinach Artichoke Chicken | Wellness Mama
            Durp.

Comment

I make my own cream cheese so it has no added ingredients. It's really easy if you use the yogurt option.

How to make Whey and Cream Cheese from Nourishing Traditions

Comment

Cream cheese isn't the worst thing you could eat, but even better, you could just stick to a naturally soft and spreadable cheese that needs no additives. Brie comes to mind as do several goat and sheep's milk cheeses.
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                  Cream cheese isn't the worst thing you could eat, but even better, you could just stick to a naturally soft and spreadable cheese that needs no additives. Brie comes to mind as do several goat and sheep's milk cheeses.
                  Hmmm sounds like I will have to explore the world of cheese
                  "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

Comment

I have that brie baking dish someone gave me last Christmas. So, two weeks ago, I finally decided to give it a try. Now, my entire family is addicted, I tell ya, addicted to brie baked with a bit of sundried tomatoes in oil, with thyme, basil and garlic and some roasted sunflower seeds. We eat it with a large platter of crudites for our movie night. I have my 6 yo asking for it. And neither of my folks would eat Brie normally. I actually add some of the triple cream 'soft cheese' from Quebec which is I assume Brie from Quebec... and this time I got Camambert on 50% off sale, so it will be baked Camamabert this time.
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Lox and goat cheese wrapped in nori. The primal solution to lox and bagels. Freakin' yummy.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

1.) Sheets of seaweed.
                        2.) Cream cheese.
                        3.) Smoked salmon or tuna.
                        4.) Avocado.
                        5.) Sushi roller.

Eat until you pass out.
                        this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Comment

Originally posted by bdilla View Post
                          1.) Sheets of seaweed.
                          2.) Cream cheese.
                          3.) Smoked salmon or tuna.
                          4.) Avocado.
                          5.) Sushi roller.

Eat until you pass out.
                          Good idea!

Comment

I like making omelets with cream cheese and smoked salmon inside.

Comment

Cream cheese is a relatively new invention that was first created in the US in the late 1800s but this tasty soft and unripe cheese eventually made its way south of the border to Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                              X