Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for opinions on my new syrup/sweetener.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you just use honey? There is nothing magical about a sugar syrup made from fruit (apart from the ridiculous price). At least honey has some anecdotal evidence behind its benefits.

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Just a word of advice..... if you shape your diet around scientific studies, there will be exactly no foods you can eat that won't harm you in some way. Our bodies can deal with small amounts of toxins, maybe not the amount the SAD throws at it, but the occasional honey or odd concoction of fruit sugars is probably no worse than the toxins accumulated in the flesh of meats.
    I don't recall any good data that says nuts, fruits, vegetables or fish are harmful to eat.
    Last edited by AMonkey; 09-26-2012, 04:58 AM.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by BennettC View Post
      I agree raw honey, backstrap molasses, and pure maple syrup would be the most natural. usually if I ever have some its some local raw honey
      What?! And you're still alive?!

Comment

I don't recall any good data that says nuts, fruits, vegetables or fish are harmful to eat.
        LOL, I've read doom like articles on all of that stuff- I believe, frutose in fruits, some veggies aren't ideal for some people, and of course, toxic fish. Not that I get bothered.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
          Just a word of advice..... if you shape your diet around scientific studies, there will be exactly no foods you can eat that won't harm you in some way. Our bodies can deal with small amounts of toxins, maybe not the amount the SAD throws at it, but the occasional honey or odd concoction of fruit sugars is probably no worse than the toxins accumulated in the flesh of meats.
          Completely agree, everday i stumble upon a study which shows how harmful a part of my diet is, the list is endless.

Comment

Extracts of food...

Consider that only the poorest quality "food" is used in most processed food production, and any process that fractionates "food" into extracted parts of it, has removed the built-in balance of it. Fruit sugar without the fibre hits your system really hard.

I'd choose less processed options, because seriously, I don't want low-quality fruit (raised with pesticides, maybe? infested with mold, spores, or bugs, maybe?) sugar syrup. I'd use maple syrup or honey.

Comment

Originally posted by RaeVynn View Post
              Extracts of food...

Consider that only the poorest quality "food" is used in most processed food production, and any process that fractionates "food" into extracted parts of it, has removed the built-in balance of it. Fruit sugar without the fibre hits your system really hard.

I'd choose less processed options, because seriously, I don't want low-quality fruit (raised with pesticides, maybe? infested with mold, spores, or bugs, maybe?) sugar syrup. I'd use maple syrup or honey.
              I agree with what your saying, but the syrup is organic and i always eat it with some fibre.
              Last edited by Lukey; 09-26-2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Maybe try some inulin?
                Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Comment

People get paranoid, but ultimately, you have to find your balance.

A lot depends on what your goals are, how clean you need to eat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                  Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
                  X