Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when your family says you are eating too many eggs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If none of that works, tell them you are trying a 30-day experiment to see how you feel. It's only 30 days, right? How can that hurt in the long run?

After that, you can say, "I feel great. Why would I want to go back to feeling like crap again?"

Comment

I'd go along the lines of 'you eat how you want' I'll eat how I want, the winner gets to dance on the losers grave' but I'm a bloshy SOB
      You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Show them research and if that doesn't work ignore them. When I was staying with my American relatives they literally thought I was killing myself by eating 5 eggs a day. They pulled the "we know a nurse who says so!" when I told them dietary cholesterol=heart attacks is totally outdated. I showed them some papers and pub med and that didn't help either. Meanwhile both of them are morbidly obese and would snack and McDs.
        http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Try to simply tell them that carbs are poison, that's what i tell people. Then if they need to know more i say think about 10,000 years ago. Before the agricultural age we weren't eating all these carbs and now look at all the obesity. Saying this can sometimes put your beliefs into perspective for them. Unfortunately a lot of people don't want advice in this world so i never push my diet on people unless they ask for advice.

I personally loved this video aswell Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

good luck, stand up for your beliefs it's the only freedom you have
          -safe is the new risky

Comment

How many eggs are you eating ? I feel like this is something I am going to have to deal with my family as well.
            "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

Comment

Next time they mention Eggs+Cholesterol+Death yadda yadda...
              go get an egg,, say "YUMMY YUMM Cholesterol" crack it raw into your mouth and slurp it down with plenty of Nom Nom Nom noises

Repeat until they stop bringing up the subject....
              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

It's really none of your business. Thank you for your concern.

If that doesn't work, f&*ck off is a complete sentence.

Comment

Play dumb: "I don't think I eat too many eggs. There are so many chickens in the world laying eggs, I doubt we'll run out."

Comment

Originally posted by difwiz View Post
                    They will say the High Carb Low Fat diet will be more sustainable because they will simply say, "you just need to have willpower and then you can do it and stick with it and once you see your cholesterol and triglyceride numbers shoot up from the eggs you will need to stop eating like that and eat healthy foods - all that cholesterol and fat is just not good for you."

I do like the earplugs suggestion though. That reminds me of a quote I saw the other day on Pinterest, "Listen, smile, agree, then do whatever the f**k you were gonna do anyway" - Robert Downey Jr.
                    I've actually been reading that high carb diets are now being linked to higher tiglyceride levels in many recent studies. If that's their concern, I suggest you pull up a few of those studies to show them that it's not as simple as they think.
                    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                      go get an egg,, say "YUMMY YUMM Cholesterol" crack it raw into your mouth and slurp it down with plenty of Nom Nom Nom noises

I did this with cream when my grandma was questioning me.

Her: "You *don't* drink cream by itself?"
                      Me: (gulps cream)
                      Her: "Nooooo"
                      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post

LMAO!

I love the reaction a high fat diet gets!!!
                        "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post

Yes. Do this. If I ever get harassed about my egg intake I am doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post

That's great!
                            I am going to look for a moment like this on purpose.
                            Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                            SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                            2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Say: "Actually scientists have recently discovered that the choline content of egg yolk actually protects you from heart disease!"

They'll probably say "really?! Cool!"
                              because A) people blindly trust "scientists" and B) they don't want to admit they have no idea what choline is.

If they are actually interested then say "yeah, in fact, the toast that most people have with their eggs is what really does the damage. I have this great book/article/website you should read..."

Comment

I cook up a 5 egg scramble and eat it in front of them, with a hearty serving of wild boar sausage, some greens sauted in coconut milk and a cup of coffee. Pretty soon they want some!

Comment

Working...
                                X