My new "go to" breakfast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new "go to" breakfast

I'm a breakfast eater but I start my day early (5am). I'm always looking for some thing simple and filling to take to work to work. I've hit on a combo that has worked out very well, 6oz of Greek yogurt and a whole avocado. I smush up the avocado and blend it right into the yogurt. Grosses out my coworkers but I love it and it fills me up for a long time.

Now there's a combo I never considered (but will now).

And BTW, well done on grossing out the CW types, that's always good sport.

Comment

I always amaze myself at some of my combos, but I don't think I would have ever come up with this one
      65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

That sounds like a sort of guac/sour cream mix - awesome!

Comment

Hmm, now you've got me thinking Moll. Might have to blend some lime juice, garlic and salt in there for a twist.

Comment

Sounds pretty tasty to me. Maybe add some mango salsa.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

sounds pretty freakin amazing lol. would be more of snack for me though ha. I need hefty calories in te morning, bacon and eggs!
              Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
              Before and after pics
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
              Primal Sucess Story
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
              Primal Journal
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

Originally posted by mikebike View Post
                Hmm, now you've got me thinking Moll. Might have to blend some lime juice, garlic and salt in there for a twist.
                sounds fantastic!!

Comment

There's this stuff you can get at middle eastern bodegas called Labne kefir cheese. It has the tang of yoghurt but the consistency of cream cheese. That stuff mixed with avocado and spread on some fat bread. Now we're talkin' keto dinner.

Comment

Hahahah the thought of yoghurt and avocado really really creeps me out. I have issues with food consistency and sometimes have to force lumpy foods down - like my really fermented yoghurt. I can't even eat avocado without it being with something else. So those 2 together give me the heeby jeebies!
                    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
                    Bench: 45kg/99lb
                    Squat: 100kg/220lb
                    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
                    My journal

Comment

I've used those together as a base for a salad dressing, mixed in a little oil, garlic, and some herbs. Its yummy.

Coworkers always think I'm eating weird things.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        That stuff mixed with avocado and spread on some fat bread.
                        What is fat bread?

Comment

Originally posted by nixxy View Post
                          Hahahah the thought of yoghurt and avocado really really creeps me out. I have issues with food consistency and sometimes have to force lumpy foods down - like my really fermented yoghurt. I can't even eat avocado without it being with something else. So those 2 together give me the heeby jeebies!
                          I'm with you on this one. I need something crunchy with avocado.

.... as a dressing though, sounds worth trying, I love the good ideas on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Artbuc View Post
                            What is fat bread?
                            Dangerously good stuff.

Fat Bread: Third Time's The Charm. Mission Accomplished! | Free The Animal

Comment

I'm going to make fat bread this week. I'm so glad to hear it's delicious!

I also made almond bread this past week which was fantastic! It'd probably be excellent with avocado.
                              The Bombshell Diet: Easy Almond Flour Bread: Gluten Free

Comment

Working...
                              X