Zero carb snack ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero carb snack ideas

I'm trying to lose the final few pounds to be my ideal body fat percentage but I know I am eating too many carbs. My current go to snack is carrots in Peanut Butter. And I eat a lot of it. Cutting back on the amount that I eat isn't something that I want to try, so I'm just looking to change my snack foods. I made pepperoni chips the other day, but I couldn't find sugar free pepperoni, and due to the amount that I eat, I probably can't afford the cost of it.

So any awesome, delicious, no carb or lower than carrots and PB, snack food ideas?

Thanks!

Hardboiled eggs or jerky

Comment

Bacon!

In your face, Space Coyote!

Comment

If you're not anti all sweeteners, coconut bark: melt extra-virgin coconut oil, add cocoa powder, and a few drops of stevia or whatever. Freeze. Or experiment with variants of this. A small amount of cocoa powder is close to zero carb (fiber grams = carb grams).

Comment

Jerky, HB Eggs, Avocados, left-over steak, a few nuts (i dont go this route because nuts tend to make me hungrier and I eat more than I wanted to).

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
          Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
          I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

If you're trying to lose, maybe stop snacking? Eating fewer meals, but larger meals might help you lean out. Just an idea. Sardines and other tinned fish are easy ZC snacks.

Comment

Try almond butter instead of peanut butter.

Comment

I eat pepporoni!

March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

http://www.bobsredmill.com/coconut-flakes.html

Available at most health food stores.

Comment

substitute the carrots with celery? for the dip you could use the baconnaise from this site, delicious with the celery!

Comment

Kippered herring. Hardboiled eggs.

I know, they're not always the most appetizing or easiest...but if you're genuinely hungry, they'll hit the spot.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

There are a few carbs here, but a few radishes and green onions go a long way. I also like a sliver of extra aged Gouda-just let it melt in your mouth.

For a big snack (free meal or needing calories 350 c+), I like a cup of pistachios in the shell-salty and crunchy and it keeps the hands busy. The trick for me is to measure them before hand, otherwise I just...won't...stop (I'm like the terminator for pistachios=pisctachionator)

Comment

Working...
                        X