Primal 30 for October. Who's in?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heatherdarbs View Post
    One question - does that mean ghee is out? I just started my IF with bulletproof coffee and it works really well for me...so no ghee (dairy), huh?
    Ghee is butter with the milk solids removed. Only the fat is left. I don't see why not include it.

Comment

I eat meat fruit vegetables nuts, sprint once a week, lift 3x a week. Walk everywhere. Try to get enough sleep and sunlight. I think I'm not really that far away from primal 30 apart that I eat dark chocolate and dairy
      well then

Comment

This is exactly the kick in the butt that I need right now. I'm so in!

Comment

I'm in. I've been doing things half ass lately and I need a reset.

Comment

I'm in, my husband is actually joining me too! He eats Primal at home, but CW everywhere else. I am kind-of tapering in though, I want to finish off the expensive dairy we have in the fridge first (grass-fed cheese, non-homogenized milk from a local dairy, heavy cream). Biggest things for us are cutting out the beer, gluten-free cheats--GF bread, pasta, etc. and excess carbs like rice. While I kept the gluten-free stuff for our preschooler, we need to stay away from it.

I wish we could drink coffee black--as it is, cutting out my afternoon iced latte (local milk, homemade espresso made w/beans from a local roaster, and a bit flavored stevia drops) will be a big deal. How terrible is heavy cream? Could that and a little stevia be a reasonable caveat, or do you guys think that would derail us?

Comment

I am probably SO going to regret this, but I'm in too - for the first time. I have six weeks before I go to Germany for a visit with my extended family, whom I haven't seen in the last 19 years. I want to make a halfway decent showing (started Primal May 1 and am doing well on it), as the last time they saw me I was trim and still had my brown hair color. In the meantime my hair has gone all white (strong trait on my mother's side - most of the females of the bloodline do that very early) and I have gotten soft and pudgy. Pudginess is being taken care of by the Primal, but softness... not so much yet - I haven't been able to muster much enthusiasm for exercise.

Food - will do it as written. I don't drink coffee or black tea (so no problems there), alcohol I can give up until I hit the Vaterland, dairy is going to hurt, and getting to sleep will be horrific... but still.

Are you allowed to complain, as long as you are getting the job done?? It would help a little knowing I am allowed to gritch some (held to reasonable levels, of course).
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Starts tomorrow!
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

i am just finishing the cream and cheese in my house, which will take 2 days max, then i am in. I am doing a pesco whole 30 with game meats.

Comment

I'm in....I am holed up in a hotel on a course for a week --- but I'll do work-arounds. This month should see me meet my weight goal. Still working on body recomp through exercise, though. I'm in.
                    ----------------------------------------
                    F, 48, 5'10"
                    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                      I have too many events in October, so I don't think I can be in, but I'll follow the thread.
                      btw, if anyone has a way to do the equivalent of sprinting indoors, then we can do this during a duller month. Stair running perhaps?
                      jumping rope?
                      ----------------------------------------
                      F, 48, 5'10"
                      Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                      Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

I am joining this on the 8th October for the 21 day version (Whole Lite)
                        2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Well, al ready, except this week is gonna be a mess. I am going for wisdom teeth removal on Wednesday. I don't know the details yet like if I have to fast on Wed till the surgery since they will be sedating me. I assume that after surgery I am going to be living on coconut milk-egg and nuts smoothies for a couple-three days. Well, maybe throw in some spinach for color. Obviously, it has the potential to mess my lifting and cardio schedule.

I am taking a recovery day today to plant bulbs, will try to fit in a SS session on Wed morning before surgery, but the lifting/HIIT on Thursday may be compromised. Sucks.

I will also be making a zebra fudge for my daughter to take to school on Thursday for b-day, and then there is baking and decorating the b-day party cake and cupcakes. I will be up to my ears in sweetened condensed milk, cream, dough, white and dark chocolate from Wed till Saturday. YUP. At least there is just small baking on the Saturday after to bring a dessert to a party, and then i am in the clear till X-mas when mom comes to visit.
                          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Still on board, although I'll be having surgery soon, so maybe i'll lack in the fitness. But this will definately help me be strict on primal eating and not stray when I'll be feeling like crap

Comment

I had a couple wisdom teeth out:

Avoid mixing codeine and antibiotics. Common side effect: they might make you throw up; the last thing you want to do with a mouth full of holes. (I didn't but I was close.)
                              No straws or suction. You mouth will form a clot over the hole so it can start healing underneath. You don't want to disturb that.
                              Break the normal dentist rules for 7-10 days: no brushing no flossing no gargling no rinsing with water. Be scummy.
                              I spent 10 days just pouring stuff down my throat (no straws!).
                              Sounds like a good time to get acquainted with bulletproof coffee and bone broth.
                              5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

i'm so glad this started yesterday. i had sort of a food binge weekend. most of the food was primal friendly, but the stuff that wasn't just knocked me out, and i need to hit the reset button. this was probably only the second or third time since going primal that eating non-primal foods has made me feel ill. i'm not sure if there is definitely a pattern there, but it seems like anything densely packed with flour, fat and sugar (my friend re-made my wedding cake for my anniversary this weekend) takes it's toll. i still feel kind of rotten a couple days later, but this is good, i'm learning. that'll be handy around christmas when i usually throw out all primal thought and dig in to plates of cookies.
                                it was so good to get back to a strict primal diet. it's also good to have a fridge full of leftovers that are all primal friendly. a couple of them have some dairy, so i might allow that for a day or two until those foods are gone.

i haven't done pbf in a while. i started last night, and the lifting part was pretty easy. looks like i'll be starting on at least level 5 for all the exercises, and going straight through the program for a couple. i'm doing the old version, with the overhead press work. i might also switch out something else for planks (walking planks, bear crawls, leg raises, dragon flags, etc). it looks like i'll be lifting heavy things on mondays and thursdays. not sure when i'm going to sprint, but i suppose tuesdays are as good as any day. that means i need to find some time today. i really should have thought about that as i was getting ready for work today. maybe i'll sneak in 5-6 dashes while out walking with the dog later.
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Working...
                                X