No announcement yet.

Primal 30 for October. Who's in?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in! Giving up tea and red wine is going to kill me off, but I need to give it a real go! I've got to up my exercise game too!
    Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
    Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      I'm good on the food, too. I've just been lazy and letting stress get to me instead of working it out like I was a few months ago.

Let's face it, we each have our own dietary whole 30 in mind. Mine has liver in it, and reduced egg consumption to avoid inflammation, no dairy, no nightshades, bread or other grains, very little or no sugar at all - I think I'll even give up coffee this time and just have green tea. But as for getting off my butt and keeping a decent fitness routine, I haven't been! And I don't know why, but I have a faint lupus-like redness on my face that I haven't seen for a very long time, probably stress-induced. So DAILY MEDITATION in also on the menu for me!
      Me too. I've been taking care of some health issues with my Dad lately and I've been letting that stress me out. I can still do LHT workouts at home and run sprints in the street. I can't be gone for the all day hikes I used to do but shorter walks would be fine. I just need to get more consistent with it.

Comment

I'm definately in. I have to be.
        Back in May I moved into a house with a bunch of people, and there is ALWAYS junk food around (and so I've been cheating frequently, especially late at night when I get home from work and there is a cabinet of cookies calling to me). Furthermore, it's been harder to make paleo meals based on organic, grassfed foods because when I cook, I have to cook for everyone (which is expensive), and most of the people here really don't care at all about nutrition or health. But anyway, my 30 days will consist of cleaning up my act and getting back to basics. I've been feeling pretty crappy lately, so I will be incorporating some anti-candida practices as well (antifungals like garlic and oil of oregano, prebiotics, probiotics). My main goal is to stop eating at night (after dinner -- paleo or otherwise) because that's when I crave sugar and tend to binge on either cookies or paleo sweets like coconut milk mixed with cocoa powder and stevia. As far as fitness, I do HIIT (Bodyrock, Zuzkalight, there's a girl named Chelsea on YouTube that used to do real time Bodyrock workouts but has since started her own workouts), but not on a regular basis. I want to do 10 min a day everyday. I plan to buy more sand for my sandbag (to concentrate more on lifting heavy), and start weekly sprints. Sleeping has been an issue since the beginning of the month when I started this semester of classes. I have some early morning classes that really don't go well with my late night work schedule. I tend to sleep late on days I don't have to get up or take naps between class and work on the days that I do, but I've generally been feeling pretty tired. Coupled with poor eating and irregular workouts...Thankfully, my work is entirely "moving at a slow pace" (I bartend).

Comment

I'm in. I drink my coffee black half the time anyway, but I will miss my full fat yogurt. And I've been doing convict conditioning for about a month, I'll also do mark's workouts also to mix it up. I guess my basset hound will do for a sandbag. He resembles and usually acts like one.

Comment

I'll give it a go! Will *try* to reduce coffee consumption, up the tea if I have to, stop it with the yogurts ( The only ones I can find are o% fat), and lay it off with the sweeteners. Maybe I can limit eating out to avoid excess oils. I think I just need the motivation to tweak those little slips, which to me are so difficult to eliminate.

Comment

I've been having difficulty after I finish a whole30. I was paleo beforehand, completed a few whole30s, but I feel when I stop w the whole30 I loose control. I don't overeat or binge, but feel like I've failed when I go back to the regular paleo lifestyle.... I know SOOO ridiculous!

So I'll probably join up for oct 1-20. My husbands returning from a tour in Afghanistan sometime in oct so I'll "loosen" up upon his return!

Comment

I think I can do this! I need to become better about my exercising and this may just be my ticket to making sure exercise becomes more of a priority for me. As for the food part, dairy is my only real hitch...I can clarify my butter, eliminate the cheeses, but he heavy cream in my coffee will be another thing. I have eliminated all dairy for a long time and then reintroduced those three things without noticing any differences in how I was feeling. So, in the spirit of the Whole 30, I will attempt to cut back on that too. No hard promises on it, though.
                “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
                ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
                LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
                CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Comment

I have too many events in October, so I don't think I can be in, but I'll follow the thread.
                  btw, if anyone has a way to do the equivalent of sprinting indoors, then we can do this during a duller month. Stair running perhaps?
                  5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Oooo, count me in. I've been trying to be more regular about getting my exercise in, but I haven't been very consistent. This is just what I need. Thanks!

Like you mentioned, I'll do a "Primal 30" be strict with the foods that allergic triggers for me.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

I am most definitely In!

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                          Not just whole 30, but whole 30 with Primal Fitness! A simple commitment, experiment, for October to get outside if possible and enjoy the last nice weather before freezing time. I'm diving in on Oct. 1st. Sprinting every week, the whole deal. Who's with me?!

Introducing Primal Blueprint Fitness | Mark's Daily Apple

The Whole30, Version 4.0 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
                          One question - does that mean ghee is out? I just started my IF with bulletproof coffee and it works really well for me...so no ghee (dairy), huh?

Comment

Heather, if something works for you, don't stop it only because some website says so.
                            Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                              I have too many events in October, so I don't think I can be in, but I'll follow the thread.
                              btw, if anyone has a way to do the equivalent of sprinting indoors, then we can do this during a duller month. Stair running perhaps?
                              stair sprints are good for getting that running style of sprinting. jump squats are pretty effective too. when it's cold and snowy out, i usually bang out intervals on my stationary bike, or do a 10x10 burpee session.
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
                                Heather, if something works for you, don't stop it only because some website says so.
                                Reality check - duh...thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X