No announcement yet.

How long til you didn't want breakfast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long til you didn't want breakfast?

I've read a lot about intermittent fasting and skipping meals coming naturally once you get used to eating primally, how long did this take?

Me it was pretty quick, within a week or two. How are you getting on with it?

Comment

I rarely ate breakfast before PB.

Comment

I'm actually struggling to stay primal and breakfast is the biggest problem, I get hungry but don't feel like cooking and with the school run rush I end us snarfing the kids toast.

Comment

You could hard boil some eggs and just keep them in the fridge. Left over meats and veggies from previous suppers you could eat cold or warm up with little trouble.

Comment

You could have some hard boiled eggs ready to go in the fridge. Same for bacon. Also, you can cook scrambled eggs in the microwave very quickly. Yogurt and fruit are also good options. I guess the key is having something on hand that is ready to go.

@Lynna: Great minds think alike! Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
              You could have some hard boiled eggs ready to go in the fridge. Same for bacon. Also, you can cook scrambled eggs in the microwave very quickly. Yogurt and fruit are also good options. I guess the key is having something on hand that is ready to go.

@Lynna: Great minds think alike! Haha.

Comment

try a bullet coffee and eat food at lunch and dinner. use coconut milk in the coffee to keep u satiated.
                ----------------------------------------
                F, 48, 5'10"
                Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

as soon as i learnt about intermittent fasting it all clicked and i stopped breakfast straight away and i haven't looked back.

i never enjoyed it anyway
                  2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

I have been primal since Feb and still eat breakfast nearly every day. It sounds like you just need to plan ahead. I've made egg muffins - sausage on the bottom, scrambled eggs with chopped peppers. They reheat fine and are pretty clean to eat. Or hardboiled eggs or leftovers as others have suggested.

Comment

It's funny, I'm the opposite. I've never really liked breakfast, well, unless there was a McDonald's on the way and I could grab a .99 cent Egg McMuffin in my teen years.

But I've tried to force myself to eat breakfast. Both the Hartwig's and Dr Jack push the importance of breakfast. However, I can't stand it. I'm just not hungry. (Though, the Hartwigs say that could be because my hormones are off.)

So, now I have a coffee banana smoothie in the morning. I consists of a banana (duh), cup of iced coffee, 1/3 cup coconut milk, couple piece of ice. It's about 250 calories or so. I love it.

Comment

i eat breakfast every day. oftentimes i fast during the day/skip lunch. but i always eat a big breakfast and big dinner

Comment

I've been doing the eat-only-when-hungry type fasting lately. I am using this as a step towards a more regular intermittent fast schedule though.

When I walk out the door on my way to work or university, I usually grab a small container of nuts (cashews or pistachios usually) or fruit (blueberries, rasberries, dried apricot). I use a container that is just the right size for just a handful of fruit/nuts, so it limits my consumption (it's waaaay to easy to feast on them). If I get to 10-11am and I'm feeling particularly hungry, that's when I'll whip them out. I find they are perfect at suppressing my appetite for another couple hours. If I do pull out the fruit/nuts, I then try to wait as long as possible before having lunch, thus reducing my hunger around dinner time. This is my method for skipping breakfast, and I've found that I can easily eat 30% less than I used to.

If motivation is the limiting factor for anyone reading, then I watched this documentary on fasting a few days ago and I found myself with a whole lot more motivation. Well worth finding an hour to watch it:
                          Eat, Fast and Live Longer

Comment

How long til you didn't want breakfast?

One year.

I've always liked breakfast over any other meal. I had great results with a high protein, zero carb breakfast for a year. Lost all my weight that way. Eggs or meat or both. Sometimes veggies with the meat. Lately I am having salad with meat or fish for breakfast and having it after I get to work around 10 or so. So it's really still breakfast.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                              i eat breakfast every day. oftentimes i fast during the day/skip lunch. but i always eat a big breakfast and big dinner
                              I'm the same way. I'm always ravenous first thing in the morning. It's been a year and I still pretty much always want breakfast. Sometimes if I need to I can put it off by drinking a couple of cups of coffee with plenty of fat (cream or butter) added. If I'm going to skip a meal, lunch or dinner is much easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X