No announcement yet.

How long til you didn't want breakfast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took me about three weeks before skipping meals just sort of happened. Now I plan on doing some real IF, like a 20/4, instead of just skipping meals here and there.

Comment

I wouldn't focus on trying to get to intermittent fasting ASAP, it has to come naturally - or it might never come even if you are fully primal. That and taking into consideration some doubts about IF benefits for women, I would rather plan for breakfast in advance (eggs, leftovers, as mentioned, even the bulletproof coffee if nothing else is available). With kids all you can do really is have a Plan B in case you are really hungry. Hunger can also be a sign of other deficiencies, not lack of food. I am much hungrier if I haven't been getting enough sleep, for instance.

Back to question about time limits - I probably could have started IF, if I wanted, quite soon after going 100% paleo (not on primal before that as it seemed too relaxed). I don't do intermittent fasting but I skip breakfast often (mostly because I eat dinner shortly before midnight, so dinner to breakfast would only be about 13 hrs). At the same time I am never really hungry in the morning. Actually I am almost never really hungry even during the day (unless after a huge workout), unlike back in carbier days.

Comment

I still want and have breakfast. Only on sundays my breakfast is at 12PM or so
        well then

Comment

Just watched the Eat, Fast and Live Longer video ... it makes a very persuasive case for intermittent fasting!

THANKS for the link
          I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

Comment

Why is it that you are trying not to eat breakfast?

IF can be done if you avoid eating dinner. If you ate lunch around 12pm and your next meal is tomorrow's breakfast at 7am, that is 17 hours without food! Plus you sleep through the hunger at night (If there is any).

I have found that I started doing this naturally about once or maybe twice a week after about 3 weeks of being primal.

Also, bacon and eggs rule.

Comment

i love breakfast. if i skip a meal, it's usually lunch or dinner.
              Last edited by jakey; 09-20-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

It took me about 3 months of primal eating to reach the point of not being hungry in the AM. I was not familiar with IF at the time, it was just natural to skip breakfast. I have since gone to eating just dinner, as late in the evening as possible to control some of my night binge issues, and it seems to be working. I am full of energy during the day and sleep like a baby.
                SW on 10/1/11: 380lbs.
                CW 12/13/12: 315lbs. (Was under 300#, added some muscle :-) )
                GW: 10% B.F. 250lbs. - 275lbs. (6' 4" tall)

Comment

A few days. That want for food never really goes away, who could say no to free delicious food but its easily ignorable if you keep yourself occupied.
                  http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
                    It took me about 3 months of primal eating to reach the point of not being hungry in the AM. I was not familiar with IF at the time, it was just natural to skip breakfast. I have since gone to eating just dinner, as late in the evening as possible to control some of my night binge issues, and it seems to be working. I am full of energy during the day and sleep like a baby.
                    This is me exactly.

I did not discover IF until being primal for about six months. I think you want to get over the cravings for bad foods and develop good eating prefrences first before fasting intentionally.
                    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I've been skipping breakfast every day since I embarked down the IF road about 6 months ago. I'm not the least bit hungry until lunch. So why eat? My energy level is fine and I sleep great. I only eat lunch and dinner and don't usually snack. On the weekends I eat one (large) meal per day and it's around 5:00pm. IF just seems natural to me now.
                      “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

Breakfast used to be my favorite meal but that was because it always included big bowls of cereal or pancakes. Now that I eat less refined foods I'm not usually that hungry in the mornings. I would say the change happened over 3 or 4 weeks. It's probably difficult to make an adjustment if sitting down to a big breakfast is part of your morning routine, but if it's something you want to do, one of the keys is probably establishing a different routine when you wake up.

There are exceptions when I will eat a big breakfast, especially when I'm traveling it seems, but then I'll end up not needing to have much for lunch.

Comment

I've skipped breakfast pretty much since I was old enough to have a say. By high school, this little war was solved by me chugging a glass of Instant Breakfast or chocolate milk in a blender with a raw egg to appease my parents. Once I was out of the house, that wasn't necessary.

Which doesn't mean that there aren't occasions (like late Sunday mornings with an overnight guest) when a nice big pile of eggs, cheese, mushrooms, etc. doesn't hit the spot. But that's just refuelling.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                          X