Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the primal equivalent of rice and butter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the primal equivalent of rice and butter?

Hi everyone. I'll cut to the chase and let you know the reason I am asking this is I have a pretty bad stomachache. One that has some unpleasant side effects. *ahem*

Before going Primal, I used to have a bowl of rice with some butter and salt to calm my stomach and everything else.

However, now that rice is out of the picture, what should I be eating to calm things down? I am not sure what caused this discomfort, and I have no idea now what to do about it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Difwiz

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/difwiz

Rice and butter are fine.
    White rice is a clean carb... no anti-nutrients or whatnot.
    Butter is fine. Grass-fed, organic is best.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, we only have grass-fed organic butter. DH just picked up some eggs (not pastured, but a step up from conventional - our local store doesn't sell good eggs, and WFM is too far away to go to at 8pm) so I may toss in some scrambled eggs too. Those usually help.
      Difwiz

Comment

Butter is usually fine for those on primal (supposing no casein/lactose issues). If our are remaining "Primal" then you can make cauliflower rice Delighted Momma: Cauliflower Rice.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-19-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I will definitely check that cauliflower rice out for future use!

I ate the rice with some butter and scrambled eggs and I could definitely tell that I had grains. I haven't had any grains for maybe 3 weeks or so and after I ate the rice, I was burping some and I felt "different."

I think I will only have rice when I am having "distress." I like the way I feel after primal meals as opposed to feeling like this. I don't feel bad really, but I just don't feel vibrant.
          Difwiz

Comment

Lots of people here use rice if they need higher carbs because they are very active.
            But it's kind of a YMMV thing.

I have it on occasion, mostly if I'm out indulging in some sushi.
            Also sometimes at home as I don't eat some of the other carb options for personal reasons which can leave me very low carb ... but it leaves me a little bloaty/sluggish feeling if I eat very much of it.

That said... if I was sick I'd have some in bone broth along with egg (egg drop soup style)... easy to digest and easy on the gut... a good introduction food if one has been out of sorts for a while IMO.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Oooh cori that does sound good. I need to make up a batch of broth soon. I am traveling for a week starting Saturday, so I will have to remember to make it when I get back next weekend.
              Difwiz

Comment

I use ginger for stomach issues.

Comment

Stick with white rice and butter but add a liberal sprinkling of smugness.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I love rice and butter, one of the greatest, yet simple, dishes on earth.

However, now I add crumbled bacon to the mix. We call it "bacon butter rice". It's literally one of the greatest things you can put in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bob loblaw View Post
                      ......It's literally one of the greatest things you can put in your mouth.
                      I keep trying that line....it's about a fifty/fifty shot with the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                        I think I am married to your twin brother.
                        65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                          Does that mean you have really bad aim and miss half the time?
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                          X