X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low carb = insanity?

This just made my entire day...

A direct quote from a comment to a video on YouTube:

"If you're so emotional unstable that you can't handle an insult, then you need to seek professional help and CARB UP. Depleted glycogen = mild to severe insanity depending on how long and how severe it's gotten"

'Nuff said.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

But everyone already knows I'm insane ...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
      This just made my entire day...

A direct quote from a comment to a video on YouTube:

"If you're so emotional unstable that you can't handle an insult, then you need to seek professional help and CARB UP. Depleted glycogen = mild to severe insanity depending on how long and how severe it's gotten"

'Nuff said.
      Really... because some of those middle eastern terrorists seem pretty insane... and they have a diet quite heavy in carbs.
      And can't take and insult AT ALL it seems.
      Just sayn.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
        Really... because some of those middle eastern terrorists seem pretty insane... and they have a diet quite heavy in carbs.
        And can't take and insult AT ALL it seems.
        Just sayn.
        I... Just...

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

What is the point of this topic?
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Annlee View Post
            But everyone already knows I'm insane ...
            Man, I was BORN insane. I guess I was born to a mother on a low carb diet? But my mother didn't eat low carb. Not now, not EVER!

Wait! They must have switched my tags at birth! I was genetically adapted to be a fat-burner, but lived with the wrong parents! It explains why I did so horrible with the CW diet!

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              What is the point of this topic?
              To poke fun at the ludicrous ways people argue against low-carb diets and to generate rational (and not-so-rational) responses to such claims!

Comment

Oh, ok. I wish everyone out there would try to see this whole macro thing as individual, including Mark. I think Phil Maffetone is way more practical about it. You do a short test to determine your level of carb intolerance. If you have any CI you find your personal level of carb consumption that is optimal for you. End of story. No one-size-fits-all carb curve, no superiority complexes over my way is better than yours, no nonsense.

Comment

I think Phil Maffetone is way more practical about it.....
                  Hey which of his books have you read? I've read some articles on his site and am kinda taking a liking to the guy. Might be interested in reading a book of his, but I see he's published several.

Comment

Oh, ok. I wish everyone out there would try to see this whole macro thing as individual, including Mark. I think Phil Maffetone is way more practical about it. You do a short test to determine your level of carb intolerance. If you have any CI you find your personal level of carb consumption that is optimal for you. End of story. No one-size-fits-all carb curve, no superiority complexes over my way is better than yours, no nonsense.
                    Absolutely .
                    Which was why I made a ridiculous joke about it.
                    It's completely individual... and many people around here can't accept that and have to go trying to INSIST that someone must eat more fruit or more sweet potatoes just because that's their own experience.

It's bologna!
                    But don't eat that stuff...
                    Have some pork belly instead.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the poster was a high carb, low fat diet type, possibly vegan, so... Forget about being rational about it. But I hear ya! We're all different. And it also depends on our level of activity.

Comment

I have the Big Book of Health and Fitness. Most everything in the book is on his site but the book is fairly cheap and convenient while the site requires searching.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          Absolutely .
                          Which was why I made a ridiculous joke about it.
                          It's completely individual... and many people around here can't accept that and have to go trying to INSIST that someone must eat more fruit or more sweet potatoes just because that's their own experience.
                          And just as many who insist that ketosis is the natural human state and those of us who eat carbs are going to die of a massive blood sugar spike and/or immediately gain a zillion pounds for even considering a potato--and if we say VLC made us feel like crap, we must have either not really given it a try or must have been doing it all wrong wrong wrong.

It's all ridiculous. Figure out what works for you, eat some real damn food, and let other people eat as they will.
                          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                            And just as many who insist that ketosis is the natural human state and those of us who eat carbs are going to die of a massive blood sugar spike and/or immediately gain a zillion pounds for even considering a potato--and if we say VLC made us feel like crap, we must have either not really given it a try or must have been doing it all wrong wrong wrong.

It's all ridiculous. Figure out what works for you, eat some real damn food, and let other people eat as they will.
                            I'm a big believer in being "fat adapted" as Mark calls it.

Being in a constant state of ketosis isn't necessary. As "natural" or "unnatural" as you want to call it. But being able to switch back and forth readily, when the body sees fit is certainly something I can see the advantages of.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                              I'm a big believer in being "fat adapted" as Mark calls it.

Being in a constant state of ketosis isn't necessary. As "natural" or "unnatural" as you want to call it. But being able to switch back and forth readily, when the body sees fit is certainly something I can see the advantages of.
                              100% agree.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X