Bacon and Salt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post
    The salt doesn't disappear from cooked food - unless it's boiled, then the contents are diluted.
    If that's true, then the fat that is left behind after cooking the bacon would not be salty tasting, but it is salty.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Sodium itself isn't evil. It never will be.

The issue is the sodium/potassium balance. You should be getting three times as much potassium a day as you are sodium to keep the ratio solid.

That being said, can you get 12,000-15,000 mgs of potassium in a day?
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Thanks guys, I don't think I will be ordering this kind of bacon after I finish them all. I might just boil them then cook it somehow. I use to do this when I used to eat conventional sausage to get the salt out. I really don't like any food that is too salty. Yeah I mean I get potassium but not enough to balance out the salt.

The online store did not post the nutrition and since it was hormone free etc. I didn't realize it would have so much salt.. This sucks now I'm stuck with these bacon.

Comment

Working...
        X