Explicitly primal restaurant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explicitly primal restaurant?

Does anyone know of any restaurants that are explicitly primal or paleo? I'm not talking protein-style burgers at In-N-Out, I mean a restaurant that consciously serves organic, grass-fed, pre-agricultural fare.

Have you seen one? If not, can you please open one? All I ask in return is a free meal for giving you the idea. Thanks

I did a search on yelp and couldn't find any in SF. If I'm going out with people, I'll try to suggest a sushi place and I'll get sashimi and seaweed salad.

I was imagining what a primal restaurant might be like, all (fake) torch lit and do the walls like cave paintings. Servers in animal skins! OK I've gone too silly again.

Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

I love the idea of animal skin clad waiters!

I think someone needs to open a primal grocery store as well. You wouldn't need half as much space as a conventional grocery store...at least 3/4 of that is crap, right?

Comment

Only local ones here, no chains...

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

As I suspected... this is such a glaring business opportunity, it really makes me wish I had time, money, and experience in food service. Kestrel, you could design the interior, no question about it. I can't believe there isn't one of these in LA already (at least not that I could find).

A primal grocery store would be incredibly convenient.

Tara, do I read you right? You actually have multiple local primal restaurants? I know there's no chain, but... wow!

Comment

Yeah and we are in OHIO. LOL. I mean, not PRIMAL but local, organic, all that jazz... sub out the potatoes roasted in goose fat for something else and we have got a winner!!!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

SO maybe not ONLY primal. sorry.

Comment

Well, that's pretty close! Sounds like they just need to trade the tubers for loincloths.

Comment

There are lots of restaurants in SF that are converted homes and they have open areas where the back yard used to be. (They are often used as smoking areas, but I think that allowing smoking would be, um, bad.) Put in a bunch of plants back there and maybe a pond. oh and a fire pit!

Hmm, so what would be on the menu?

Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

Steak & Pulled pork & Official "Big Ass Salad"

~ I don't talk to people with closed minds; they tend to harbor brain fungus. ~

Comment

I think Burger lounge is pretty primal-friendly. I just ask for a bunless burger (which all their beef is grass-fed) and extra veggies (all their veggies are organic) and they an excellent fatty avocadobased dressing. They are the most friendly place ive been to.

Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

I think it should all be mixed into one center... like a Primal version of Cracker Barrel...with a rec plex attached? lol There would be the restaurant part, but it would also have a store where we sold vibrams, sledge hammers, crock pots, copies of the PB, and all of the other glorious stuff we primal-types like. We could have a nice outside area with a water feature and a fire pit. I think it's time for me to get to the designing board

Comment

If someone starts one in NYC I'd be willing to drive the 4 hours to visit. No joke.

Actually, I bet someone could start one here in Ithaca and be quite successful. People are all about the organic, local, quality food. At the very least someone should come start a booth at the Farmer's Market selling a few dishes, so I will no longer be tempted by the darn carby Cambodian food. =]

"mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I bet New York would be a great place for one... esp with all of the amish people in the PA/NY area to supply quality products... and all of the farms nearby to get the meat/eggs/veggies from... It could work

Comment

Restaurants are pretty bankrupt lately. Business wise is not a good idea. A restaurant that only serves Primal/Paleo wont do good in this economy. I&#39;ve think about it already, made projections with a friend restaurant owner and based on what ppl are ordering in my area, this enterprise wont be sustainable.

I know it would be a joy for some people, but just a handful of people. A restaurant has to have a certain number of customers daily. Even played with the idea of catering... not working.

Comment

Working...
                              X