Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chickenbackside View Post
    Simple, give it to someone like me

Just came back from Japan, and had many chicken skin feasts. The put chicken skin on a stick and bbq it. Heavenly.

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. If you can't handle looking at fat, don't. As long as you're getting some in your diet, invisibly and non-texturally, you're good.
    It's funny you would mention Japan. I had such trouble there! I worked for a Japanese company that shall not be named and was dispatched there for weeks on end. I love Japanese food, but some ways they made certain things grossed me out. The fact that eggs are runny (I hate runny egg white or moist eggs/omelets... similar to the texture of fat, in my mind) and the chicken skin was on everything! The pieces of pork also had lots of fat on them... so I kind of struggled at times! But, luckily, there were more foods that I did like than didn't like! Much more!

Also...

Sarasue624 - By "aversion" I mean "distaste", "dislike", "it grosses me the hell out because the texture is nasty", as I think I mention frequently in my post! I don't have an allergy or something like that, if that's what you're asking.

a·ver·sion /əˈvərZHən/
    Noun:
    1. A strong dislike or disinclination: "an aversion to exercise".
    2. Someone or something that arouses such feelings.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

If you don't like it, don't worry about it. I would say give these things a try first -- it sounds like you haven't tried chicken skin or beef fat in a while. If you still can't stomach them, it's no problem. You can always keep your fat intake low and adjust your protein/carbohydrate intake to find what works best for you.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm the same way.
        In fact I am attempting making chicken broth now and had to fight with a whole raw chicken for the very first time. I cut up some stuff I never thought I'd eat, but in the name of broth, I will give it a fair shot

A good part of my fat comes from French cheese (brie, goat), full fat organic yogurt and olive oil, coconut oil, plus of course avocado!

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
        My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

Comment

I love fat, infact I wish most of my meats were actually fat with muscle lining it lol.

I wonder how one develops an affinity or aversion to fat in the first place....just always loved it from when I was younger.

Anywho if I did not like animal fat, I guess I will just cook my veggies, sauces with tons of primal approved oils. I will also eat nuts and avocados will be a stable as well.

GL!

Comment

Miss J, if it is the texture that bothers you, here is a couple of non-traditional ways I injest(ed) my fat:

1. Freeze the thin slices of bacon. It gives you a very different experience. Russian bacon that is cured with just salt and garlic is kept in the freezer, and that's the only way I could stomach it in my childhood, cold, thin slice.
            2. Tibetian tea. I don't like any kind of milk products in my coffee, but I like black tea with butter and salt.
            3. Purred vegetables soups with cream. ANd we are talking cream anglaise here, double devon cream that is actually solid.

Have you ever tried full fat sour cream on its own? We used to get it as an afternoon snack as kids. In a glass. I guess it was a sub for yogurt.

Or, if crispy is what appeals to you, you can get a deep firer, and deep-fry your veggies and meats. Or even chop it up, and crispy it in a pan. I had soggy skin and some turkey meat bits from the broth left, so I crisped it up in a big pan till it was dry, and my husband thought it was the best thing since sliced bread... erm, yeah.

Do you like any sort of ribs? Ribs are about as fatty as meat can possibly get...
            Last edited by Leida; 09-15-2012, 01:05 PM.
            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
            X