No announcement yet.

Really, really frustrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are quite slender already, as you probably know.

If eating more fruits and veggies and less fats makes you feel good, do that. The main purpose of primal, paleo, whole30, etc... is to eat WHOLE foods. To eat from good, compassionate, sustainable, clean sources for optimal health and body balance. So keep doing that, with whatever combination of things you choose.

I noticed you said you run and do yoga.. do you do any strength training? This is something often overlooked by many women. Maybe you should add some strength training in whatever form sounds appealing to you. This can help you become leaner without additional weight loss.
    yay!

Comment

Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
      You are quite slender already, as you probably know.

If eating more fruits and veggies and less fats makes you feel good, do that. The main purpose of primal, paleo, whole30, etc... is to eat WHOLE foods. To eat from good, compassionate, sustainable, clean sources for optimal health and body balance. So keep doing that, with whatever combination of things you choose.

I noticed you said you run and do yoga... do you do any strength training? This is something often overlooked by many women. Maybe you should add some strength training in whatever form sounds appealing to you. This can help you become leaner without additional weight loss.
      Yes, I'll continue with whole foods and toss my scale (like others have suggested).

I used to run, but since it seems to be a "look how quickly I can shrink my body and have no fat" game to me, I stopped - it got me to a very unhealthy place. I look back at photos now and realize I had no clue I looked like complete scrawny gross crap at the time. So, now I sprint, strength train and walk - pretty much exactly what the books suggests (I was that annoying student who did everything "right"). I IF, too.

My guess is this is where my body likes it. I can't really do anything else differently, without choosing being slender with deprivation over happiness and enjoyment. I love these forums, though; so many people are uplifting. I actually feel less concerned, now. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
        You are pretty light already. The Primal Blueprint diet makes people with blood sugar problems and serious overweight lose weight pretty easily. For skinny people like you, you are only going to get improved health, improved strength and stronger bones, not skinnier.
        Agreed. I should print this and put it on my mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by MissJecka View Post
          Yeah, I hear you about the nuts. I posted a while ago about how I can easily eat 1/2 cup of almond butter in a sitting and still want more. It's a problem. I just finished the last jar of the stuff in my pantry and will not buy more. Out of sight, out of mind. However, at work we have little bags of pistachios in our vending machine, so if I really need a snack or my lunch is missing that something-something, I'll buy one.

I also agree with the previous comment about tossing out your scale. (See my signature!)
          Ha! I just did the same thing w/ my almond butter. Ok, the scale is moving to the garage - I'll have my husband either toss it or hide it; he'll probably toss it.

Comment

Originally posted by MissJecka View Post
            Yeah, I hear you about the nuts. I posted a while ago about how I can easily eat 1/2 cup of almond butter in a sitting and still want more. It's a problem. I just finished the last jar of the stuff in my pantry and will not buy more. Out of sight, out of mind. However, at work we have little bags of pistachios in our vending machine, so if I really need a snack or my lunch is missing that something-something, I'll buy one.

I also agree with the previous comment about tossing out your scale. (See my signature!)
            Have you seen that pistachio butter? It seems to be a little lower in calories/serving, at least

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndChance View Post
              Throw out your scale, really. Honestly. Do it. It'll force you to focus on how you feel.

I just binged on pistachios so I see where you're coming from... but you don't have to give up foods entirely. Following the rule "limit grain intake" is much less stressful for me than "eat no grains"
              At least I'm not alone in that damn nut department!

Comment

Working...
              X