Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides dieting, what can a woman do to look slimmer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides dieting, what can a woman do to look slimmer?

Top answers:

1. Wear dark colors
    2. Wear a girdle
    3. Liposuction/plastic surgery
    4. Spandex/support hose

NOT an answer: Exercise

Oh Family Feud... What a message you're sending to women everywhere.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

it's based on surveys, though, so it's not really FF's fault.

Comment

well exercise doesn't just make you "look slimmer" it can make you "actually" slimmer.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
        well exercise doesn't just make you "look slimmer" it can make you "actually" slimmer.
        Details, details...
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Well, lipo and plastic surgery will also make one actually slimmer, and they included that.

This is one of the many reasons I don't watch television.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
            Well, lipo and plastic surgery will also make one actually slimmer, and they included that.

This is one of the many reasons I don't watch television.
            Won't a proper diet also do so too?

Using the word "besides" in the survey seems to indicate that they think it's legit at least. *shrugs*

Comment

I know this is a criticism of a TV show, but I have observed that on TV shows, women typically wear at least a size too small of clothing. Next time look. Their clothes appear painfully tight. I suppose not having loose clothing flopping around is slimming.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                I know this is a criticism of a TV show, but I have observed that on TV shows, women typically wear at least a size too small of clothing. Next time look. Their clothes appear painfully tight. I suppose not having loose clothing flopping around is slimming.
                Well you've got to look fashionable, right?

Comment

What can a man do to look slimmer?
                  Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                  SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                  2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Hang out with really large people. The larger the better.

Comment

Originally posted by XGrains View Post
                      Hang out with really large people. The larger the better.
                      That was actually the fifth answer. "Be around people larger than you."

xD

Comment

Girdles and support hose are the same thing.

Why wasn't "posture" an answer? Look at any Vicki's model. None of them stand like normal people. They always got some butt part shoved up and over.
                        5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Nooooo Oxide... a girdle and support hose are most certainly NOT the same thing. Google is your friend.

A girdle has no leg coverings.
                          Support hose is a girdle like panty top in a pair of panty hose.
                          Last edited by cori93437; 09-11-2012, 05:42 PM.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                          X