No announcement yet.

I am depressed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 HTP comes in two forms, and the one that includes sleeping component (iirc it was valerian) made me super-grogy (surprise!). Now I get one which only have HTP, and it just fine.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
      5 HTP comes in two forms, and the one that includes sleeping component (iirc it was valerian) made me super-grogy (surprise!). Now I get one which only have HTP, and it just fine.
      I've never heard of the one with valerian before. Plain old 5-HTP just makes me sleepy.
      Depression Lies

Comment

Glad to hear things are starting to get better, jammies!

Don't ever start thinking it's just you. PLENTY of people have anxiety and depression, either occasionally or chronically. You're not alone in feeling that way.
        Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jac View Post
          Hi Jammies. Just checking in to say hi - I've been depressed many times, but I don't have any suggestions that haven't already been posted here. The last time I used prozac, which worked for me - I needed it for 18 months then weaned off over a couple of months. I think what it did for me was raise my energy levels so I could help myself. I also went to therapy, but focusing on past crap didn't help me to create a better future, so I stopped. One thing I know - It will pass. Sending heaps of love your way.
          Thanks for the kind thoughts. I really do appreciate them! Even though I am improving, I wish it would go away sooner. I read something yesterday that you should not expect to "snap out" of a depression. That it is a very gradual transition. So I'm trying not to be too impatient when feeling down.
          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            5-HTP always made me sleepy. Most of the recommendations I've read say to take it around dinner and before bed.

I recently started feeling depressed more often again and had to go back on Tryptophan. I feel a lot better now. But I also had spotting and my period didn't show up when it was supposed to, so something was definitely off with my hormones. I'm going to see if I can get a comprehensive hormone panel done soon.
            I think the 5-htp may be making me a bit sleep too. I tried taking some this evening too see if it will keep me relaxed in the evening. I am still taking tiny doses though. I think I read about tryptophan a bit more tonight. Thank you!!
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Working...
            X