TVP - would you eat this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
    At OP how can she be vegetarian if she eats fish?
    i lol'ed at that initially too. the word is pescatarian.

and i will never for the life of me comprendez folks who eat this highly processed craptastic not-food because they somehow think it's "healthier."
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
      i lol'ed at that initially too. the word is pescatarian.

and i will never for the life of me comprendez folks who eat this highly processed craptastic not-food because they somehow think it's "healthier."
      WTF so they eat animal protein they can't see out their window?!? Either you eat animal protein or your don't...sigh.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

i loved it as a born and raised vegetarian. i lived off this stuff and morningstar farms products. tvp is great for things like tacos, soups, pasta sauce etc because it absorbs the flavors so well.

the other day i was at my moms and my sister was cooking in the kitchen, and then there was this foul stench. i was like... what in the living hell is that?! and my mom said my sister was cooking a griller (morningstar farms soy burger) and i could not BELIEVE the smell of it, it was so foul. and to think i used to eat those things by 2's.
        yay!

Comment

I used to make TVP chili which was edible with a lot of additions. A LOT of additions.

I'd bring your own food. and probably enough to share.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

TVP is super nasty. Vegetarians use it to create all sorts of faux-meat dishes. (I did,when I was a veg--it was too nasty). BTW, tell your girlfriend that fish is meat and if she eats that she is NOT a vegetarian. People that say that irk me to no end. I was a veg for 13 years; vegetarians do NOT EAT ANYTHING WITH A FACE, PERIOD.
            http://www.cantneverdidanything.net/

Comment

Don't eat it.

Comment

It is not food, any more than leather or paper are. Avoid.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Absolutely not. Even when I was vegan I would not touch that crap. It's not food; it's an industrial waste product.

Comment

Nope, not a chance...
                    I'd rather have a stash of pemmican or trail mix, and conveniently "accidentily" wonder off during that meal.
                    Just sayn.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                    X