Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pea Protein

Has anyone used pea protein. Seems like a good subtitute to the whey mixes

Peas are a legume so kinda not Primal. I use Jay Robb's egg protein powder (when I use one at all, rarely).

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      Peas are a legume so kinda not Primal. I use Jay Robb's egg protein powder (when I use one at all, rarely).
      Ive been looking into getting a good quality protein from grass fed cows seeing as how im about to start training a lot. any suggestions?
      Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
      Before and after pics
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
      Primal Sucess Story
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
      Primal Journal
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

Doing my research and digging up old threads Is this true, pea protein isn't really paleo? I'm hoping to find something that won't trigger my irritable bowel syndrome, and apparently pea protein is hypoallergenic so it's good for that according to most of the websites I found like this one -

Do you guys think pea protein is OK or should I avoid?

We compare the best protein powder brands for sensitive stomachs. Stomach aches, bloating, gas, nausea - these should not be part of your daily life. Below we

Comment

Originally posted by Jon3412 View Post
          Doing my research and digging up old threads Is this true, pea protein isn't really paleo? I'm hoping to find something that won't trigger my irritable bowel syndrome, and apparently pea protein is hypoallergenic so it's good for that according to most of the websites I found like this one -

Do you guys think pea protein is OK or should I avoid?
          Seriously, are you asking permission to eat peas?

Comment

Mark Sisson: Where Do Legumes Belong in the Primal Eating Plan? (The short answer is that Mark is OK with legumes now, though not enthusiastic.)

Loren Cordain is not OK with them, but he is the old guard, inflexible and restrictive on many fronts.

The bigger issue in my mind is whether protein powder from any source is paleo. It's not even close to real food. I'm sure that plenty of people do fine on protein powder, but then again plenty have no complaints living on bread.

Comment

If your problem is IBS avoid it and any other protein supplement besides gelatin. Look into GAPS or SCD protocols. Both will likely help resolve your IBS issues with an eye toward primal in the long run.
              Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-28-2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Great Lakes gelatin or collagen hydrolysate. 11 grams protein per two rounded TBSP. The CH is gelatin that has its gelling ability removed, so it dissolves in my coffee or tea, in hot chocolate or smoothies, soups, yogurt. I add it to everything but a G+T.

Comment

Great Lakes gelatin or collagen hydrolysate.

Comment

Stronger Faster Healthier Protein is very clean, has a great amino acid profile, almost no sugar, and is very easy to digest. Though if you can't do whey, try Sun Warrior protein, it's a vegan protein that is pretty clean as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lhotse View Post
                      Stronger Faster Healthier Protein is very clean, has a great amino acid profile, almost no sugar, and is very easy to digest. Though if you can't do whey, try Sun Warrior protein, it's a vegan protein that is pretty clean as well.
                      Can't think of any common reason why anyone would have a problem with whey. It's amino acids. No carbs, no lactose.

"Organic Certified Classic Plus builds on Sunwarrior’s original rice protein by adding in the amino acid balancing effects of peas, chia seeds, quinoa, and amaranth. This superfood combination still relies heavily on the gentle nature of whole-grain brown rice, but with a hefty dose of the strength that has made Warrior Blend so popular."

Has to have a boat load of carbs with that kind of minimal protein. Certainly minimal compared to animal products. Superfood, my patooty.

Comment

Working...
                      X