Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great, now my friends think I have anorexia...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
    I've stopped discussing with friends, though i have gotten some family in on it too. Both my wife and sister dropped large amounts of weight and gotten much healthier.

Friends/co-workers/acquaintances I now just say "ancient human secret" LOL
    hah i like that. stealing that, hope u dont mind

Comment

People do the same thing to me. They ask, I tell them, and they're sure it would never work for them. It doesn't seem to ultimately matter how the information is presented. Next time I think it'll go like this:

Well, I went to mount Olympus and duct taped two unicorns together to double their magic, and rode their magic bodies for forty days and forty nights. When I got off, I looked like this. It's great!
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post

Well, I went to mount Olympus and duct taped two unicorns together to double their magic, and rode their magic bodies for forty days and forty nights. When I got off, I looked like this. It's great!
        I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
          My issue here is that they ALWAYS compliment me. They ALWAYS ask how I've achieved such great results, they ALWAYS want to know about my diet.

Then, the moment I tell them, they suddenly turn from all "You look great and are really healthy" to "That shit is unhealthy stop it right now," in like a two-second flip. Ugh!

Well, NO more. =|
          tell them "magic pills." then a huge grin and change the subject.
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Drumroll, perhaps you could say you've done nothing different at all, but gotten dramatically different results. "Insanity hey?"

Comment

Originally posted by mike_h View Post
              Drumroll, perhaps you could say you've done nothing different at all, but gotten dramatically different results. "Insanity hey?"
              I don't want to be accused of giving anyone false hope.
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                tell them "magic pills." then a huge grin and change the subject.
                I know!

I'll just tell them I planted some magic beans and started a daily regimine of beanstalk climbing, magic-harp stealing, and giant-defeating.
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

OMG !!! The unicorns..!!! Laughing so HARD until I had tears!!!
                  http://www.cantneverdidanything.net/

Comment

I just tell people "diet and exercise" because that is what everyone is told all the time. They don't know which diet or what exercise, but there it is.

Comment

I just tell people "diet and exercise" because that is what everyone is told all the time. They don't know which diet or what exercise, but there it is. I tell them if they want my specific protocol, I'll send them the book link in an email.

Comment

Hey now all you gotta do is take up a HIT program like "Body By Science" to really baffle them. Then you can say....

"Well I work out once a week for about fifteen minutes and then I eat a bunch of really fatty meat and veggies once a day".

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                          I just tell people "diet and exercise" because that is what everyone is told all the time. They don't know which diet or what exercise, but there it is. I tell them if they want my specific protocol, I'll send them the book link in an email.
                          Wise, Zoebird.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                            My issue here is that they ALWAYS compliment me. They ALWAYS ask how I've achieved such great results, they ALWAYS want to know about my diet.

Then, the moment I tell them, they suddenly turn from all "You look great and are really healthy" to "That shit is unhealthy stop it right now," in like a two-second flip. Ugh!

Well, NO more. =|
                            because you didn't tell them what they wanted to hear. you didn't say "oh i eat mah oats n take a pill and get lean muscles by magic!" and you didn't tell them something familiar or easy.

i am often unable to keep my mouth shut about this stuff but i can see my friends and family's eyes glaze over when i get going and at the end of it i know they haven't taken anything to heart.

my mom is intelligent (if stubborn) and i have had her read both rob wolff's book and wheat belly. but then the other day when i was over i was talking to her about grains being bad and she said "i don't subscribe to that theory." and i am like... okay. i can't even bother to say anything else because if she doesn't accept that, the rest is pointless anyway.

both she and my sister are "vegetarians" (as i was raised, but quit when 16) and they are both obese. my sister is even bigger than i was at her age (19) and all they eat is soy and bread. makes me so sad. but what can you do?
                            yay!

Comment

I find most people, no matter how CW entrenched can get their heads around the whole, real foods concept and getting rid of all toxic fake ingredients. Many either have or know someone who has a gluten intolerance, so getting rid of wheat isn't that hard a sell either. The one that completely stops communication dead in its tracks is the idea of ALL THAT FAT!?!? How can you eat that??? You are going to get a heart attack!!! The fact that my BP is 90/60 doesn't soak in or that my dad has gone from having scary high BP to 115/65 at the age of 87 on Primal. They stop listening when the fat comes into the discussion.

Comment

I used to work with eating disorder patients... fasting for a day (or two) and/or just LISTENING to you body and not eating when you're not hungry is a FAR cry from anorexia....
                                though I will say I had to stop reading the "fast for a week" thread because it reminded me a little bit too much of the pro-ana websites, but that's JMHO. :-/

Comment

Working...
                                X