Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great, now my friends think I have anorexia...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Because people are celliac and wheat sensitive people are able to accept I don't eat grains. When I have been up since 6am and tell them...OK 3:00 time for lunch that floors them. Focus on the food and the exercise - get lean, get mean and get strong.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Bosstycoon View Post
      Whatever people may say about your lifestyle, just know that your a few steps ahead of them to living a healthy life..Dont let their negativity bring your success down
      It's hard for me to get past the fact that loved ones would WILLINGLY eat four plates of spaghetti in one sitting and say "this is healthy because my doctor recomends it."

      Uh-huh, you just tell that to your poor scale.

      But seriously... When I see loved ones who could make such simple changes to their lifestyle and be infinantly healthier but who refuse to make them... *sigh*

      If it's random people I barely know, it's one thing. Loved ones I KNOW I could help? Quite another.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Sounds like the first part of your weight loss could much more easily be labeled as "anorexic" than the Primal part.

        The funny thing about Primal being relatively easy is that that is even more threatening. Anyone COULD do it (if they chose to). Not just someone with super-human willpower and strength willing to punish themselves with whips and chains.
        "But I could never go without my pasta and bread!"

        That to them, is all they need to know to think that primal requires superhuman willpower as well.
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

        Comment


        • #19
          'you don't eat bread??'

          then in their heads they see a plate with only a tiny piece of meat and a sprig of parsley

          and boom, you're anorexic
          beautiful
          yeah you are

          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
            Because people are celliac and wheat sensitive people are able to accept I don't eat grains. When I have been up since 6am and tell them...OK 3:00 time for lunch that floors them. Focus on the food and the exercise - get lean, get mean and get strong.
            6:00 AM to 3:00 PM? Weak man, weak.

            That aside, I am focusing on myself and feeling great. It's just hard to know that others want your success without your methods. Well, tough. My methods = my success. Can't really divorce the two.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              'you don't eat bread??'

              then in their heads they see a plate with only a tiny piece of meat and a sprig of parsley

              and boom, you're anorexic
              Actually, my mother has seen me break a fast before and SHE thinks I'm bullemic.

              It's my friends who think I'm anorexic because I didn't even BOTHER to tell them about what a post-fast meal was like. At that point I realized I'd be asking for even more trouble.
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                It's hard for me to get past the fact that loved ones would WILLINGLY eat four plates of spaghetti in one sitting and say "this is healthy because my doctor recomends it."

                Uh-huh, you just tell that to your poor scale.

                But seriously... When I see loved ones who could make such simple changes to their lifestyle and be infinantly healthier but who refuse to make them... *sigh*

                If it's random people I barely know, it's one thing. Loved ones I KNOW I could help? Quite another.

                I get really sad when i go over to my parents house and see every food in the SAD...I dont want to see my lil 8 year old brother and 6 year old sister growing up to this unhealthy way of living...Im always trying to get my family to convert to be paleo..havent accomplished this yet..
                Started Primal November 20, 2011
                Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

                Start Weight-210
                Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around


                Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Bosstycoon View Post
                  I get really sad when i go over to my parents house and see every food in the SAD...I dont want to see my lil 8 year old brother and 6 year old sister growing up to this unhealthy way of living...Im always trying to get my family to convert to be paleo..havent accomplished this yet..
                  My mom has already told me she won't do it, my sister has married a soy-addicted vegan, and my father won't go a day without his honey nut cheerios and told me to shove it.

                  I should quit while I'm ahead...
                  "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I have started to say, when people ask me what I have done to lose weight, "you don't want to know." Sounds snarky, but it's the first thing that comes out of my mouth.
                    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

                    Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                      My mom has already told me she won't do it, my sister has married a soy-addicted vegan, and my father won't go a day without his honey nut cheerios and told me to shove it.

                      I should quit while I'm ahead...

                      This made me laugh out loud...my father-in-law loves his honey nut cornflakes. Even though he's on diabetes medication.
                      Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                      SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

                      Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                      2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've stopped discussing with friends, though i have gotten some family in on it too. Both my wife and sister dropped large amounts of weight and gotten much healthier.

                        Friends/co-workers/acquaintances I now just say "ancient human secret" LOL

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                          This made me laugh out loud...my father-in-law loves his honey nut cornflakes. Even though he's on diabetes medication.
                          Sugar, well, I'd say carbs in general are an addiction. One that we are lead to believe is perfectly healthy so we see no reason to resist.

                          Sugar has been getting some hate as of late, which is good, but we have a long way to go before people realize the disaster we've created by pushing grains on society so hard.
                          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I wish I could explain this to my family. Unfortunately, my family is just not as receptive as yours seems to be. I am not having the same kind of luck that it seems a lot of people around here are.
                            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I understand what you mean....i've come to realize that there is no point in opening the topic of primal eating to those that have no clue. If they ask, i'll say i eat unprocessed or foods without preservatives, and organic foods.
                              This is the first time that i honestly consider my diet a way of life. It is not a short term torture as i used to think of my old dieting methods.

                              Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                              Yeah, even my more educated friends think I'm strange and I haven't the patience to tell them about all the research. If people ask, I just say I eat non-processed food.
                              It's funny, cause i feel this as well. It's also funny b/c i am the biology educated person among my friends, and they still think they know, or think i've been brainwashed.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                                Yeah, even my more educated friends think I'm strange and I haven't the patience to tell them about all the research. If people ask, I just say I eat non-processed food.
                                Same here. I've learned not to even bother explaining the research because people still argue with me. Me=scientist. Them=not. And yet they argue. ???

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X