Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Dairy Probiotic Foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
    I think a lot of peeps really get riled up to go on forums they don't care about just to argue...That reminds me, haven't heard from jim Henson lately. (Maybe JamesS is his new screen name?)
    Actually the problem is that some people just like to act like complete jackasses to newcomers that they just happen to disagree with. That is why they respond to that person in every post with insults.

    I take it you acted that same way with Jim Henson as well, which by the way I have no idea who that is.

    Comment


    • #17
      Bubbie's Sauerkraut! I have about a quarter cup of that every day when I come home- just to satisfy that "I'm Home Gotta Eat Something" craving, and because it's really good.

      Comment


      • #18
        I eat Korean barbecue usually once or twice a month and kimchi is supposed to contain probiotics.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JamesS View Post
          Actually the problem is that some people just like to act like complete jackasses to newcomers that they just happen to disagree with. That is why they respond to that person in every post with insults.

          I take it you acted that same way with Jim Henson as well, which by the way I have no idea who that is.
          Trust me, Jim Henson is a bit of a nutjob. I don't think you're him.

          And I apologize if you felt insulted. It does seem like if you're going to join a group, then when you make suggestions to others, it would be thoughtful to keep your suggestions within the general guidelines of the concept behind the forum. And that you probably shouldn't get too upset if someone points out that what you're saying is not really within the guidelines.

          Comment


          • #20
            See this thread I started a few days ago and look down for the blog post I linked in it:

            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65343.html
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

            Comment


            • #21
              Also miso and fermented condiments like Korean hot pepper paste.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

              "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by palebluedots View Post
                Trust me, Jim Henson is a bit of a nutjob. I don't think you're him.

                And I apologize if you felt insulted. It does seem like if you're going to join a group, then when you make suggestions to others, it would be thoughtful to keep your suggestions within the general guidelines of the concept behind the forum. And that you probably shouldn't get too upset if someone points out that what you're saying is not really within the guidelines.
                I can care less if someone points out I am posting outside the "guidelines" as in non-paleo. I have already started my position on that including the fact that different paleo sites have different ideas on what the paleo diet is and should be. But that is not an insult nor what I was referring to. What I am upset about is people like BestBetter replying with insults instead of evidence in every post just because they disagree with the evidence I present. And then they comment about wanting an ignore button so they don't have to read my posts. Do they really need an "ignore button"? all they have to do is look at the top of the post to see who posted and ignore my posts if they don't like what I say. Instead they not only read my posts, but they also respond with constant insults, which is just a sign that they have no clue what they are talking about but have a superiority complex. Thus the need to put others down so they are below them while refusing to post any evidence to the contrary because they have no clue what they are talking about.

                I should not be personally attacked just because I have spent decades doing in depth medical research and know things they don't. Just like I wold not attack someone for knowing how to crochet just because I don't.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Fermented veggies are great. I have fermented fruit in with my veggies and its very good also. As far as the fiber bit is concerned a little goes a long way. Not really much needed at all and nothing that you cannot get with a couple of servings a day of veggies. Especially veggies from your home organic garden with all the little microbes still in tact. Fiber is best thought of in terms of hormesis....a little may be better than none, but that doesn't mean more is gonna be of any help and can very well have negative effect.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    One thing to watch out for is sauerkraut that isn't actually fermented. They just use vinegar to make it sour. I fell into that trap! The ingredients should just be cabbage and salt.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by vb66 View Post
                      One thing to watch out for is sauerkraut that isn't actually fermented. They just use vinegar to make it sour. I fell into that trap! The ingredients should just be cabbage and salt.
                      If making homemade sauerkraut acetic acid ("vinegar") is one of the beneficial acids formed by the fermentation of the cabbage by the bacteria.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by JamesS View Post
                        If making homemade sauerkraut acetic acid ("vinegar") is one of the beneficial acids formed by the fermentation of the cabbage by the bacteria.
                        This is true. But you can "douse" cabbage in vinegar and salt and let it sit for a while and it will taste like a reasonable "copy" of the real thing. That's how most grocery store brands make their sauerkraut and it's why you should source it from a reputable vendor (like I do at my farmer's market), or learn to make your own.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Good point about the vinegar... there are a lot of brands that use vinegar as an ingredient, so you definitely wanna make sure that cabbage & salt are the only listed ingredients.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Also... you can make homemade old fashioned vinegar from a mother... just sayn.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X