Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fasting Challenge Next Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm at nearly 81 hours and will go 90. Some of you are taking it farther, although I've had nothing but water and salt. Last night got a bit tough with the hunger but I feel really good this morning. I advanced through my CC Jackknife Squats yesterday - 3 sets of 40. I'll be doing the incline pushups and horizontal pulls today. My weight is 10 pounds higher than when I finished my 21 day fast, but seems like I look leaner. I can't imagine having put on 10 pounds of muscle from working out, but in any case my weight seems to be re-distributing. I still have a very small amount of fat on my belly - frustrating, but I will prevail.
    I'll be breaking my fast with homemade pemmican and probably sauerkraut - I have 3 2-pound crocks of kraut and 2 of them should be ready. Oh, and it's Friday, so I will have beer. Yes, I know this probaby doesn't help to diminish the fat.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Piscator View Post
      but in any case my weight seems to be re-distributing.
      Redistribution is good. I know not to put too much stock in the scale for reasons such as you mention. I also have a good deal to lose yet so the weight loss is great for me to see. I do also take measurements too.

      I think I have had more energy the last few days. Been a little more productive outside. We finally had some rain and a break in the drought so that was inspiring also. I have started to get back outside and get things done. It feels good, great even
      65lbs gone and counting!!

      Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Piscator View Post
        I'm at nearly 81 hours and will go 90. Some of you are taking it farther, although I've had nothing but water and salt. Last night got a bit tough with the hunger but I feel really good this morning. I advanced through my CC Jackknife Squats yesterday - 3 sets of 40. I'll be doing the incline pushups and horizontal pulls today. My weight is 10 pounds higher than when I finished my 21 day fast, but seems like I look leaner. I can't imagine having put on 10 pounds of muscle from working out, but in any case my weight seems to be re-distributing. I still have a very small amount of fat on my belly - frustrating, but I will prevail.
        I'll be breaking my fast with homemade pemmican and probably sauerkraut - I have 3 2-pound crocks of kraut and 2 of them should be ready. Oh, and it's Friday, so I will have beer. Yes, I know this probaby doesn't help to diminish the fat.
        In my experience & my informed opinion, based on what I've read, I'd say more stuff has been coming out of my rear end & been eaten up internally, ie detoxed, than on plain water. I've been doing enemas, colonics & cleansing, water fasting since the late 1980s when I was @ university. I skipped about a decade & resumed colonics in the late 90s. My next door neighbor was a naturopath & I learned & did a lot with him while in school...
        "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
        "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
        "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

        Comment


        • I made it to 70 hours well past my previous 32 hr. fast. Was feeling light headed and coworkers food smelled great. Must of over done it a little on the food as it went right throough me. Feel good today. Starting wt. 236 ending wt. 229. morning after wt.230. 6'2". Will try 2 - 24hr fast/wk. tue/thur. Thanks to Piscator for encouragement.

          Comment


          • Betorq - I'll consider doing it with the BP coffee and some kraut juice next time. However, from what I've read, caffeine interrupts autophagy. I'm wondering if the kraut juice does that as well.

            How's your CC routine coming along? I just did 1 set of 40 incline pushups and didn't feel as strong as when I did them on Tuesday. Makes sense, but I'm still going to try to get through another 2 sets.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Betorq View Post
              Well hey! I'm also planning a tri-tip roast for my break-the-fast. Decided to extend my time a little bit, to 8:30pm, making it a nice round 100 hours! Cool huh?! And also like you, I was feeling a bit spacey late yesterday & last night, was very busy & productive but felt weird. Drinking loads of kimchi & sauerkraut juices, detoxing coz I'm visiting the throne quite a lot though what little solids I'm eating is only miniscule pieces of kimchi/sauerkraut that go along with & aren't strained out of the juice when I funnel it into my drinking glass. So old stuff coming out, & had a headache last night that wasn't a salt or mineral thing. Pretty sure it was a detox thing...

              I'm thinking that I ought to do some more research over the weekend (reading online info & drinking the stuff lol) on fasting on fermented pickle juices. I think I may have stumbled onto something very cool...
              Really? My digestive system seems to have taken a holiday.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                In my experience & my informed opinion, based on what I've read, I'd say more stuff has been coming out of my rear end & been eaten up internally, ie detoxed, than on plain water. I've been doing enemas, colonics & cleansing, water fasting since the late 1980s when I was @ university. I skipped about a decade & resumed colonics in the late 90s. My next door neighbor was a naturopath & I learned & did a lot with him while in school...
                how do you cook your tri-tip roast? i usually make a lot of chuck roast but am looking at trying some other cuts. You guys are doing awesome! I envy yall for making i so far
                Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
                Before and after pics
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
                Primal Sucess Story
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
                Primal Journal
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

                Comment


                • Paleobird - when I was on my 21 day fast and drinking coffee, my digestive system was rather active the first week. This time, no coffee, and nothing has passed since Tuesday morning.

                  BennettC - Tri-tip is about the easiest cut to cook, but overcooking it will make it tough. It's different than a Chuck Roast in that regard. I usually get one about 3 pounds, salt and pepper it and let it come to room temperature for at least an hour. Then throw that baby on the Weber, making sure the coals are all white-ash, and give it 25-30 minutes for medium rare. MMMMMmmmmmm.

                  Comment


                  • Kind of dragging today~ it's been raining (unusual) and all I want to do is curl up in a chair with a good book. Thinking about breaking today instead of tomorrow, but I think it's more boredom than a need to eat. I have noticed that I want to nibble when bored~ Tomorrow is the family birthdays dinner and I most definitely will be eating then!

                    Comment


                    • I'm going another 2.5 hours. I'm feeling great, although I've suddenly developed this congestion in my throat and am clearing my throat about every 30 seconds. Weird.

                      Found my pemmican supply tucked in the cupboard. Made this about 6 or 8 months ago, so this will be a good test of how well the stuff keeps - it looks fine and smells great.

                      Nady - how was Jerome? Did you stay overnight? I've been through there 3 times, but have never stayed. Have stayed in Prescott and Oak Creek Canyon as I prefer to be closer to fishing. But I'd like to try Jerome sometime.

                      Comment


                      • Strayed off eating clean for a bit and felt this might be a good way to get back on the wagon.

                        First time fasting and did 56 hours. Water/salt/tea/black coffee.

                        Feeling really good and thinking of doing one monthly now and extending the duration over time.

                        Comment


                        • Awesome you guys!

                          I have been hungrier today than I can remember for a long time. uggghhh But I have been busier outside doing manual labor the past few days, being productive and getting stuff done And I have had all good stuff, nothing bad, just more of it. And my calories are 1976! I havent had that many calories in over 9 or 10 months! Macros are 39 net carbs, protein 134, and fat is 127. Can't believe it.
                          65lbs gone and counting!!

                          Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Piscator View Post
                            Nady - how was Jerome? Did you stay overnight? I've been through there 3 times, but have never stayed. Have stayed in Prescott and Oak Creek Canyon as I prefer to be closer to fishing. But I'd like to try Jerome sometime.
                            No overnighter, just a daytrip~ but I bet one of those hotels would be a blast! Wonder if any of them have ghosts

                            Had a great time seeing the sights~ such a fascinating 'old' town.

                            Comment


                            • Well, never got around to making that tri tip since I spent most of the day in the doctor's office with my Dad. He's got some kind of infection in his leg. But there were lab tests to be done and prescriptions to fill and the whole thing was pretty exhausting.

                              So, by the time we got home it was too late to start a roast and Dad just wanted a quick bite and then to get some rest so I fixed him a bowl of leftover stew.

                              I think I'm going to have bone marrow for my breaking fast meal. Lots of bone marrow. A whole big cookie tray of bones.

                              Comment


                              • Marrow bones... your making my mouth water. do you order them online?
                                Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
                                Before and after pics
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
                                Primal Sucess Story
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
                                Primal Journal
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X