Fasting Challenge Next Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tradawg View Post
    He just meant that you can't do a 48 hr. fast in one day!
    Heehee! I missed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopintos View Post
      WTG! I need to watch that. I have the world's slowest high-speed internet so I don't watch many videos like that.
      Thanks gopintos. After reading Betorq's post above, it makes me want to go a little longer but it seems daunting to go past 4 or 5 days. But I have read that it gets easier after 3 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        Heehee! I missed that.
        Me too! I get it now. I thought he was saying I couldnt do another 48 right off the heels of this 48, and while he was probably correct, part of me was thinking... I'll take that bet haha
        65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

WTG! I need to watch that. I have the world's slowest high-speed internet so I don't watch many videos like that.
          You can always download it in its complete form from the BBC site directly, http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lxyzc its 1 hour. Then watch it at your leisure in the evening or over the weekend. Streaming on a slow connection sucks up band width & slowwwssss everything down. I found that the youtube vids, split into four 15 minute parts were good for finding certain specific parts for review, but the complete vid on BBC is more satisfying w/out clicking on those youtube vids repeatedly...
          Last edited by Betorq; 09-05-2012, 07:19 AM.
          "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
          "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
          "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            Particularly interesting is the section that notes where the body goes for protein during that first week: tumors, etc. Seems like an extended fast might be a good seasonal task to perform to 'sweep out' anything that is trying to set up house inside of your body. Intriguing. Thanks for the article, Betorq.
            Yer velcum!

I was thinking along the same lines, do a 48 hr fast every week (maybe middle of week, like Tues-Wed). Then twice a year, spring & fall, do a 10 day fast. I could do my 10 day while I'm in Hawaii this November. But it'd be a challenge there (I'm already projecting...), with all the free indigenous strawberry papayas (little apricot sizes native ones), regular papayas from my buddy's trees where I'm staying & all the free avocados & passion fruits I have access to.

Update: At 42 hour mark now, was a little dizzy 1st thing this morning after awakening & bouncing up off the floor too quickly. It was ok, as I leaned against a chair, & put my head low between my legs til it passed. It reminds me of something I read recently, that the main danger from fasting was bruised or broken bones from patients standing up too quickly & falling down on hard hospital ward floors. Ha! Took a walk to the bank & back after sucking down my BP Coffee w/ 1 tsp coconut oil & 1 tsp cinnamon. Hunger has left me, feeling good, humming feeling has replaced the hunger emptiness in my belly. I did my regular Planks routine, still need to do the Convict Conditioning routine this morning. It's very cool cause it can be done practically anywhere & requires no equipment or being in a gym. I have an appt today @ a gourmet Mexican restaurant, food will be ordered & consumed(not by me!) & I feel perfectly fine going into that lovely odorous & tasty environment... I so love doing this!
            Last edited by Betorq; 09-05-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Betorq View Post
              Yer velcum!
              I meant to say thank you also. Very informational and I enjoyed it. And thanks for the direct link to BCC

Comment

I was modified and I had some bone broth which would have provided some of that protein, right? (looks like 4g per cup)
                In researching for another post, looks like my numbers are way off. Too high. Not sure where I got these numbers from the other day when I tracked it. I did grind everything up though. I didnt throw anything away.

Comment

• 41 hours - broke my fast just now. It was my longest to date.
                  "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
                  Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
                  End -- May 24th -- 158.6

Comment

• Tradawg got it - you can't do a 48 hour fast in one day. Gopintos - I admire you for considering it anyway - that's the kind of not-backing-down attitude I'd expect from the Primal community!

Annova01 - WTG!

Betorq - keep us posted on your CC routine. Yesterday I did the horizontal pulls, jacknife squates, flat bent leg raises and straight bridges. Incline pushups were on Monday. I'm taking the day off CC today, but will hike and/or fish this evening. I hiked about 3 miles last night - I have a dog, so no days off from hiking, or I pay for it.

I'm at about 34 hours right now and have had nothing but water. I'm a bit chilled this morning, but that's because it's in the low 60s in my house. Yes, autumn is coming soon! I have a 6:30 am meeting on Wednesdays, one hour from home. Was really wanting coffee on my drive there but I resisted. I still really want coffee. And I'm hungry, but it's not bad.

Comment

• At the 62 hour mark. Can't believe. I'm doing so well. Was not hungry at all this morning when i woke up, and I'm still not. Although, I am feeling a little weak/tired. Any tips of how to beat this? Or is this a sign that I should end the fast?

Btw, lost 4 lbs so far. This seems to be the norm from what I'm reading

Comment

• 44 hours into it. Took a work break just now to do CC: 2 sets of 20 slow pushups (the last 20 were tougher than yesterday when I had more glucose in my body), 2 sets of 30 squats with feet & arms in 2 diff positions (last 20 were also tougher). Attempted pull ups, not gonna happen today... Did Planks this morning, which were tough as usual, but had all my morning energy then. Unlike now as it feels like I'm burning on ketones at least partially, not glycogens... but who knows as I don't use keto-stix nor a monitor.

I'm definitely intending on going for 96 hours, a full 4 days, unless something untoward occurs which I highly doubt.

Comment

• Thank you so much for this!

Just a drive-by post~ we're ready to walk out the door for hubby's b'day daytrip! Planning on breaking for an early dinner, going to keep it super low carb and then back on board tomorrow. Have another break for the family b'day celebration on Saturday~ can you believe we have three birthdays all within days of each other? Anyway, I'm seriously thinking about starting up again on Sunday and taking it several more days~ that article (linked above) really has me thinking~ it's probably a good time to do some 'housecleaning'!

Catch you all later!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheffy View Post
                            At the 62 hour mark. Can't believe. I'm doing so well. Was not hungry at all this morning when i woke up, and I'm still not. Although, I am feeling a little weak/tired. Any tips of how to beat this? Or is this a sign that I should end the fast?

If you're not hungry, by all means, why not keep going? We all know that only good things can happen, as long as you don't fit into any of those contraindications in my former pasted post. Recommendations: BP coffee w/ a level tsp of coconut or butter (ghee is better as its pure fat). Or do what I've been doing, drink kimchi or sauerkraut juice. The spicy kimchi juice I chugged before CCing, made me go to the ceramic throne within minutes to make a deposit!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheffy View Post
                              At the 62 hour mark. Can't believe. I'm doing so well. Was not hungry at all this morning when i woke up, and I'm still not. Although, I am feeling a little weak/tired. Any tips of how to beat this? Or is this a sign that I should end the fast?

This is from BPdude:
                              1 tsp of sea salt in the morning in a large glass of water (if it gives you diarrhea, reduce to 1/2 or 1/4 tsp). This gives you a small burst of energy in the A.M. Repeat the salt throughout the day if it tastes good or makes you feel better. At least a pinch in each glass of water is important for electrolyte formation.

If you ever feel tired or week, take up to 10-20 grams of L-Glutamine. Do not exceed 40 grams in a single day.

Everybody is doing great! I am back up to an 18+. Still debating.

Comment

• The sauerkraut & kimchi juice has sea salt in it, plus tons of enzymes & probiotics & spice baby spice...

Comment

Working...
                                X