Alcohol, What do you drink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol, What do you drink?

I'm just curious what you guys drink or if you do at all. Anyway, I had 3 drinks last night consisting of 2 glasses of white wine, gin and tonic. I got drunk from this. I really don't drink very much and I have freaking headache today. I had a horrible sleep too last night.

Anyway, I'm going out for my birthday next weekend and yes I plan on drinking. What are some paleo friendly mix drinks can I get?

When I drink (which has been too often just recently), I drink either red wine or single malt whisky with water.

Comment

Spirits. Cocktails. No mixes, fresh ingredients only.

Comment

I don't drink, never did. IIRC, the red wine is always the top choice.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

white wine, different kinds of whiskeys and rums...on the rocks

Comment

whatever i want. hard liquor like scotch, bourbon, etc. usually straight. or micro-brewed/craft beer (i'm a huge beer snob). i really don't drink that often (maybe 2-3 drinks per week) so it really doesn't matter to me.

Comment

I don't drink often... maybe once or twice per month, a few drinks each time. I also don't like beer much (though I will say yes to cider if I want something fizzy) and I hate hate hate sweet liquor (rum, whiskey, bourbon, etc.) so those are things I rarely if ever have.

My usual go-to is wine - 90% of the time I choose red, but if it's crazy hot out or I'm feeling exhausted (or wearing light-colored clothes that I don't want to stain) I will have white wine or sangria. Yeah, I'm "that person" who will be the only weirdo to order wine at a dive bar or pub, haha.

If I'm out and about and debauchery is part of the plan, I will have vodka and seltzer or gin and tonic. If I feel like being fancy, I'll get an extra-dry vodka martini with a twist.
              >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
              >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
              >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

a margarita on the rocks, a shot of orange liqueur poured on top, no salt.. has always been my go to drink of choice. i have no idea what the tequila is mixed with in bars tbh so i doubt i will be drinking it anymore going forward. =*(

maybe i will have to join the red wine bangwagon after my whole30 is done
                yay!

Comment

For me it really depends on where I'm at when I drink. I do typically drink some beer here/there, but I also love some whiskey and bourbons. Good thing there are a couple of nicer upscale whiskey bars in the area, so I typically end up there.

Comment

I haven't been drinking much lately, because I've noticed that alcohol in the evening = very poor quality sleep.

I used to really like red wine, but even small amounts tend to give me headaches, so I tend to not drink it often. Plus, the cheaper wines tend to be part wine, part chemical cocktail.

Now, when I do drink, I have a really high quality absinthe. Aside from really liking the taste, it never gives me a headache or makes me feel like crap the next day, even if I have too much, likely because it's pure distilled alcohol that's flavored and colored with herbs, most of which are medicinal.

Comment

Red wine.
                      White wine.
                      Gin and soda water with a lime twist (tonic has added sugar).

If I drink I usually order a glass of water along with the drink and make sure I drink one for each alcoholic drink I consume. No headaches in the morning.
                      Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                      SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                      2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Wine in a box. The good stuff.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm welcoming my 30s so I think that definitely calls for some celebration.

I definitely don't drink beer because I hate the taste. I have never liked the taste of red wine either unless its cooked in tomato sauce. Yes I'm that girl that orders white wine at a pub

I will be going to a club and they jack up the price on every drink. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by cayla29s View Post
                            Thanks everyone. I'm welcoming my 30s so I think that definitely calls for some celebration.

I definitely don't drink beer because I hate the taste. I have never liked the taste of red wine either unless its cooked in tomato sauce. Yes I'm that girl that orders white wine at a pub

I will be going to a club and they jack up the price on every drink. Crazy!
                            Its fine, I am that girl too. lol Yesterday I ordered short of whiskey, while two other couples all shared a pitcher, they were totes judging me for not drinking the beer and being all "poshy" oh wells

Comment

Originally posted by cayla29s View Post
                              Yes I'm that girl that orders white wine at a pub
                              Originally posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
                              Its fine, I am that girl too.
                              I'm worse~ I order white zin~ the 'kool-ade' of wines. Thinking maybe it's time I grow up a bit and order chablis

Comment

Working...
                              X