No announcement yet.

Alcohol, What do you drink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't drink very often, maybe once a month but love a gin and tonic with ice and lemon.

Comment

I DRINK OFTEN, can't wait for football, I just drink whatever I want, usually just avoiding any sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Nady View Post
        I'm worse~ I order white zin~ the 'kool-ade' of wines. Thinking maybe it's time I grow up a bit and order chablis
        lol white zin is delish tho!

Comment

Everything. Except White Zinfandel, rum, sake.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
            whatever i want. hard liquor like scotch, bourbon, etc. usually straight. or micro-brewed/craft beer (i'm a huge beer snob). i really don't drink that often (maybe 2-3 drinks per week) so it really doesn't matter to me.
            +1 you're describing me perfectly I don't really consider drinking "primal" at all but just consider it part of my 20%
            -Chuck

Comment

I'm a light beer girl...usually only two every couple of weeks with maybe a shot of fireball whiskey thrown in....fireball is delish!

Comment

White and Red wines from California
                Kentucky bourbon
                Vodka martinis
                5' 9" 47 YO F
                PB start June 2, 2012
                Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
                Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

I'm having big glass of red wine now and it is nay 5:00, at least I made it . I love red wine and drink a lot of it, but l have just started enjoying the hard ciders on draft.
                  Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
                  Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Comment

I very rarely drink but last weekend we made NorCal margaritas for the first time. I was impressed. I was generous with the tequila but I couldn't taste it at all. Got a good buzz, not drunk, and suffered no hangover the next day. I will definitely make them again.
                    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
                      I haven't been drinking much lately, because I've noticed that alcohol in the evening = very poor quality sleep.

I used to really like red wine, but even small amounts tend to give me headaches, so I tend to not drink it often. Plus, the cheaper wines tend to be part wine, part chemical cocktail.

Now, when I do drink, I have a really high quality absinthe. Aside from really liking the taste, it never gives me a headache or makes me feel like crap the next day, even if I have too much, likely because it's pure distilled alcohol that's flavored and colored with herbs, most of which are medicinal.
                      You have me curious about absinthe... never had it before. I used to love red wine and still do, but can't drink it without getting a headache. How do you know if it's good quality? How pricey is it?

Comment

I enjoy a good single malt on the rocks when it is hot out. I like a good cognac when it is cold out.

Comment

I'm a red wine and/or scotch kinda guy, and I drink regularly

Comment

I drink it all really. Although these days I drink pretty rarely, maybe once a month tops.

Top primal choice is red wine followed by unmixed spirits and hard liquor.

However, as several of our primal success stories have proved, you can be pretty dang healthy, even as a heavy beer consumer. It's all about moderation.
                            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
                            X