Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acceptable broth brands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Acceptable broth brands

    I make my own bone broth, but mother will not make her own broth so I am trying to find an acceptable broth brand for her. So far I have found Shelton's, but it's not the most convenient brand to buy. Any others you know of?

  • #2
    i like kitchen essentials
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

    Comment


    • #3
      Pacific seems to be a good choice, also.

      Comment


      • #4
        Kitchen Basics seems to be pretty good from looking at the ingredients list.

        Comment


        • #5
          i assume she isnt close enought to freeze and ship yours.

          love for love
          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

          Predator not Prey
          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

          CW 315 | SW 506
          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


          Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

          Comment


          • #6
            I want to share this because I tried it and it is awesome:

            Homemade Bouillon (Portable Soup)

            This would make it easier to share as Quelsen suggested. Basically you just super-reduce your broth. I did not add gelatin to my broth and it made dense rubbery cubes at fridge temperature, but at my room temperature (80F/27C) they start to kinda melt if left out for 10 minutes. I'm not sure that adding more gelatin would make them more heat stable. I think the melting point of gelatin is somewhere around 30C.

            Comment


            • #7
              love this link for portable soup!!! cool. recent infatuation with gelatin (try the link for gummy stars on the most recent weekend links, tasty!)
              Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
              Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
              Starting Weight: 174.8
              CW:160.0 lbs

              Comment


              • #8
                You can order broth from US Wellness Meats. I would not trust any store bought brand.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                  i assume she isnt close enought to freeze and ship yours.

                  love for love
                  I wish!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                    I want to share this because I tried it and it is awesome:

                    Homemade Bouillon (Portable Soup)

                    This would make it easier to share as Quelsen suggested. Basically you just super-reduce your broth. I did not add gelatin to my broth and it made dense rubbery cubes at fridge temperature, but at my room temperature (80F/27C) they start to kinda melt if left out for 10 minutes. I'm not sure that adding more gelatin would make them more heat stable. I think the melting point of gelatin is somewhere around 30C.
                    Great link... thank you!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      You can order broth from US Wellness Meats. I would not trust any store bought brand.
                      I will look into this... thank you!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X