No announcement yet.

Unsure about whether I should be including fruit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I eat fruits fruits all day, everyday. Fruits and tubers account for 60-80% of my calories when I'm eating at home.
    JOURNAL..
    @BabesWithBBQ.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
    Professional Style Website.
    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Observation; chicks like carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
        Observation; chicks like carbs.
        lol! Funny because it's true... we ladies do seem to need a bit more than the men, in general... personally I've noticed my carb cravings are definitely tied to my cycle.
        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Hy dear forum members and "partners in crime"

Could you please give me some thoughts about what is bothering me lately.

First let me say that i just feel/live great with my LCHF/PALEO lifestyle and that i've been reading this forum for quite some time now. That's why---> Great page, great threads, and great info!! Tnx for sharing!

About fruits? I mean, an apple here and there, a banana or a pear…
          I mean, reading GRAIN BRAIN put a seed in me…a bad one. Suddenly i should also give up fruits, cottage, whipped cream?!?!
          (I dont have problems with casein and just looooove it. I feel awesome when i eat dairy products)
          Cause i can get parkinson disease or Alzheimer’s disease?! I mean, ok, i do love my PALEO/LCHF life, and i do did some moderation to it (as i had anorexia and need to gain) but…?
          I mean, the people in paleolitic days also had an apple here and there, or some honey…
          What do you people think?
          Am i right by saying, that as long as i dont get my weight back i should have a moderate intake with more carbs, and after that a fruit here and there, a little honey will also be fine, won't it?

Thank you so much, and keep on going!

Uroš

Comment

Unsure about whether I should be including fruit

This is an old thread you've added to but.....

Fruits are real food - I eat fruits when I want.

I also eat cottage cheese, some honey, cream etc - all real foods.

It sounds like you're worrying too much with details - just look for natural foods.

Though you might want to avoid processed stuff like wheat products, sugar products, processed seed oils etc.
            Last edited by EatMoveSleep; 11-07-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Everybody can benefit from fruit in some degree, just gauge how it makes you feel. You'll know when you have too much, which pretty much applies with everything else.

One of my favorite meals personally is full fat yogurt laced with all different types of berries.

Comment

I don't see a problem with eating fruit, even in large amounts. The scare about fruit causing parkinson's disease or alzheimer's disease does not seem to have convincing evidence. You could probably make a much stronger case for fish oil causing alzheimer's.
                My opinions and some justification

Comment

THANK YOU ALL,so so much!! It helps,to know that some people do care and replay!

Comment

I cant imagine not having fruit in my diet. Quite possibly the most nutritious, cancer fighting, anti oxidant packed, fiber giving, life giving foods that has ever existed. If you want low sugar... Stick with Berries, Small Apples, stone fruits... :-)
                    Just don't gorge on pineapple and mangos all day

Comment

• Originally posted by Anopsmoves View Post
                      I cant imagine not having fruit in my diet. Quite possibly the most nutritious, cancer fighting, anti oxidant packed, fiber giving, life giving foods that has ever existed. If you want low sugar... Stick with Berries, Small Apples, stone fruits... :-)
                      THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. It helps a lot!!!!

Comment

• I eat so much fruit. Last night I ate a lot of grapes, four oranges, some strawberries, and a good amount of cherries.

I feel great, and it hasn't affected me negatively at all. I'm not at all convinced that fruit needs to be avoided. It's a real whole food, and it's delicious and nutritious. If you want to eat fruit, I say go wild. It's definitely going to be better than eating candy and doughnuts.
                        There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
                        There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
                        There is society, where none intrudes,
                        By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
                        I love not man the less, but Nature more...
                        ~Lord Byron

Comment

• Originally posted by Anopsmoves View Post
                          All mythology. Our ancestors never knew what sugar bomb fruit was. Except for a few naturally sweet things like berries - and not even sure what was in Africa those many years ago - most modern fruit is the result of selective breeding.

All that mythology about anti-oxidants is based on analysis of what's in the fruit, not if the body can use them. It's like the minerals that are in grains, wow, look at them! But it turns out we can access very little of them.

The bottom lines are that fruit is a very expensive way to consume sugar water. Any advantage that can come from fruit can be had elsewhere at lower cost.

For me, and I emphasize "for me," high fruit consumption has been a disaster. Huge weight gains.

Comment

• Originally posted by JazzWorthy View Post
                            I eat so much fruit. Last night I ate a lot of grapes, four oranges, some strawberries, and a good amount of cherries.

I feel great, and it hasn't affected me negatively at all. I'm not at all convinced that fruit needs to be avoided. It's a real whole food, and it's delicious and nutritious. If you want to eat fruit, I say go wild. It's definitely going to be better than eating candy and doughnuts.
                            Fruit vs. candy vs. doughnuts. Fruit vs. candy, less difference than you think. As Lustig mentions in The Bitter Truth, fruit juice, in particular is Kook Ade with some vitamins. Yes, whole fruit is better than juice, but by how much? A little lower spike on the glucometer? Enough to matter?

Gorge yourself on your whole food, healthy fruit and then check your blood sugar in 45 minutes. You'll see why fruit isn't what you think it is. No different than candy.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnTheBayou View Post
                              All mythology. Our ancestors never knew what sugar bomb fruit was. Except for a few naturally sweet things like berries - and not even sure what was in Africa those many years ago - most modern fruit is the result of selective breeding.

All that mythology about anti-oxidants is based on analysis of what's in the fruit, not if the body can use them. It's like the minerals that are in grains, wow, look at them! But it turns out we can access very little of them.

The bottom lines are that fruit is a very expensive way to consume sugar water. Any advantage that can come from fruit can be had elsewhere at lower cost.

For me, and I emphasize "for me," high fruit consumption has been a disaster. Huge weight gains.

http://rawfoodsos.com/2011/05/31/wil...ancient-fruit/

Well worth a read.
                              Last edited by breadsauce; 01-18-2016, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                                Personally, I think that GM crops could be highly beneficial. I mean, right now we have wheat that was hybridized with brute force methods that don't actually qualify as GM, so even if labeling comes out it won't be labeled. Actual GM almost seems like an improvement. :P But also I think that GM could be great IF we actually start testing things properly on animals, rather than using humans as the test subjects. And avoid GM changes that will spread into the environment easy, like roundup ready genes. Golden rice is a prime example of something I like... it just fixes more vitamins in it than regular rice. Other plants won't pick up that gene, it confers no survival advantage. It just makes the plant better for us.
                                Sorry, you have the GMO testing thing backwards. They use animals. THE problem with these tests is that they are very short term. Anyway, that's my understanding. "Nope, rat's doing fine for six months. Must be OK." How about six generations down the line?

Further, human tests are non-starters for many practical and ethical reasons. How do you track decades of GMO vs. non-GMO consumptions? And what products? And modified for what purpose?

I do agree that "GMO! Boo!" has uninformed people running around like chickens w/o heads. I'm not advocating GMO, but I think that GMO science, in the long run, will give better foods. For instance, reducing methionine (amino acid), which will give longer lives as much as calorie restriction. Just pondering......

Comment

Working...
                                X