EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Picaro View Post
    How about fixing the date as well.......Day/Month/Year......how did you guys get to the moon? Oh thats right, you didnt..hehe
    ... and temperatures. Celcius is so much easier!
    My Journal

Comment

• What exactly is coconut cream? Not coconut milk or coconut butter, right? Just sold as coconut cream?

Comment

• Coconut cream is sold separately, but you have to watch out since quite often it has sugar added (what doesn't, lol). I am wondering if one can just sub the thick portion of the coconut milk that separates in the fridge when chilled. I know I have can from time to time that completely segregates into thick sour-cream like mass and pure water.

Anyways....

Yeah, can we collectively get off Leida's case? I can't tell you the number of times I got called anorexic for wanting to get from a size 10 to a 6. My body, my goals. And, as you can see on my pics, I'm not skinny.
        Thank you What happens a lot is that the real not alarming numbers for females are not published. The nutritional science is conservative, and the averages quoted are based on old data, most of it harkening to the beginning of the century - mid century, when most people continuously moved around during the day, did a lot more manual tasks etc. The formulas also round up. When the recent correction such as Mifflin were done, by measuring BMRs experimentally, surprise-surprise - the BMRs are lower, by like 20%. People also tend to make mistakes in applying activity multipliers a great deal. In the end they arrive at the amount of calories that is far exceeding the need particularly for females who are either shorter or lighter weight.

Yes, a small percentage of females under-eat on a regular basis. But, guess what, those are the ones that see basically immediate weight loss when they scale calories up. It is a very easy clause to check. In all other cases, we over-eat, because we are designed to over-eat rather than under-eat. It is a strong evolutionary bias. It is like with plants: most house plants die from over-watering & over-fertilizing rather than under-watering.

Dangerously thin is not something to ignore, but it is being applied across the board too much. True anorexia is not that common, it is a complex condition, rather well defined and it is chronic.
        Last edited by Leida; 09-18-2012, 05:16 AM.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Mmmm Coconut Cream sounds sinful! YUM!
          SBF% 20.5
          CBF% 20.0
          Goal....14%

Muscle weighs more than fat and scales are evil.

Comment

• Yes you can use the thick portion from the canned coconut milk. Like real cream rises to the top of non-homogenized milk, coconut cream rises to the top of the coconut milk can.

Comment

• I think the main difference with the coconut cream is they either use different coconuts or they use them at a different age. It has a slightly more fruity, desserty taste and kind of doesn't make curries taste right. No sugar, just more coconut fragrance or essence or whatever you want to call it.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• I tried to put my can of coconut milk in the fridge to seperate it and it didn't work very well. I left it in over night...when I opened it it wasn't anymore seperated than if I had opened it out of the cupboard. (Native Forest Organic Brand)

Comment

• What are the ingredients? Are there any stabilizers? I am buying Thai brand that is just milk and water and it separates pretty reliably, I have to mix it in together all the time (I just like my milk thickened by cold and chilled). Very rarely it actually separates into pure water and pure solids.
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• I have a new favorite breakfast:

1 slice fat bread
                    generous splooge of mascarpone
                    4 raspberries on top.

Delicious!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                      I tried to put my can of coconut milk in the fridge to seperate it and it didn't work very well. I left it in over night...when I opened it it wasn't anymore seperated than if I had opened it out of the cupboard. (Native Forest Organic Brand)
                      Native Forest always separates for me (it does have organic guar gum in it). If you shook it beforehand, that might be why it wouldn't separate. I had no more than an inch of "water" at the bottom after it had separated.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        Not good but transitory. You may have pushed the salt a bit too far. Back off a bit and keep drinking water and it should flush out.

I have actually found that my BP has gone down since going VLC. From 120/80 on regular Primal to 90/60 on VLC.
                        Thanks, PaleoBird. I'll do that.

Last night my dreams were full of violence and combat, something I'm familiar with from pre-PB days. It usually means my body is stressed from something I've ingested. I woke up feeling actually angry.

Could be too much salt, I guess, or maybe a couple of days worth of new tiny green string beans, which I don't usually eat, but I bought the big package from Costco and ds and dh aren't eating them fast enough.

Comment

• I went to the doctor today for the first time in 5 years. BP is 130/72. Isn't 130 fairly high for this type diet? I expected no more than 120. I had blood drawn today for blood work, so am looking forward to comparing new results to my previous, which showed rather high cholesterol and pretty bad triglycerides.

Comment

• There are a number of variables that control blood pressure. I once sat at a machine (the real, hospital one they use in the rooms) and took my BP every two minutes for about 15 minutes. It went up and down constantly, lowest was like 115 over 65 and it (especially when I first sat down) went as high as about 130 over 75. One BP measurement is as useless as a cholesterol number only drawn once. It changes all day long.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• I am wondering if one can just sub the thick portion of the coconut milk that separates in the fridge when chilled
                              i was thinking about this last night and i am sure the best creme brulee i made was with this bit. my coconut milk i get is a smidgen less fat on the label than the coconut cream. as in a couple of gs less. and it doesnt lump up like the coconut cream. so when you make stuff with it and it gets cold, it is smooth.

stressing about having BP taken apparently makes it sky rocket as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                                I think the main difference with the coconut cream is they either use different coconuts or they use them at a different age. It has a slightly more fruity, desserty taste and kind of doesn't make curries taste right. No sugar, just more coconut fragrance or essence or whatever you want to call it.
                                You sound like a wine snob discussing fine vintages. Now we are becoming coconut snobs.
                                The only difference between coconut milk and coconut cream is the amount of water in the mix. Of course they vary by brand.

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                                What are the ingredients? Are there any stabilizers? I am buying Thai brand that is just milk and water and it separates pretty reliably, I have to mix it in together all the time (I just like my milk thickened by cold and chilled). Very rarely it actually separates into pure water and pure solids.
                                This. Find one with one ingredient: Coconut.

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
                                I have a new favorite breakfast:
                                1 slice fat bread
                                generous splooge of mascarpone
                                4 raspberries on top.
                                Delicious!!!
                                A splooge. I love that word. That is a good combination.

Originally posted by Sanas View Post
                                Could be too much salt, I guess, or maybe a couple of days worth of new tiny green string beans, which I don't usually eat, but I bought the big package from Costco and ds and dh aren't eating them fast enough.
                                Careful with Costco veggies. Sometimes there are "seasonings" added that could be anything from sugar to msg.

Originally posted by Miss Understood View Post
                                I went to the doctor today for the first time in 5 years. BP is 130/72. Isn't 130 fairly high for this type diet? I expected no more than 120. I had blood drawn today for blood work, so am looking forward to comparing new results to my previous, which showed rather high cholesterol and pretty bad triglycerides.
                                Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                                There are a number of variables that control blood pressure. I once sat at a machine (the real, hospital one they use in the rooms) and took my BP every two minutes for about 15 minutes. It went up and down constantly, lowest was like 115 over 65 and it (especially when I first sat down) went as high as about 130 over 75. One BP measurement is as useless as a cholesterol number only drawn once. It changes all day long.
                                Yes. Nothing to be concerned about.

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                stressing about having BP taken apparently makes it sky rocket as well.
                                Yes. They even have a medical name for it. "White coat hypertension." Seriously. If anyone is interested in knowing their real BP they should get a home monitor. They are quite cheap at any pharmacy. Then you can test in comfortable surroundings and, over time, you can see real trends, not one isolated spike or dip.

Comment

Working...
                                X