EAT MOAR FAT! I'm finally GETTING it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    That was a very good basic primer on the subject if you just ignore the part about diet sodas and sugar free jello (ew). One thing that I think this video kind of touches on too lightly though is the whole idea of portion control. It just says eat as much as you want but stop when you are no longer hungry. If you jsut keep the carbs down, the rest happens all by itself. Well, as many on this forum have found out the hard way, myself included, it is Very possible to overeat even on low carb high fat foods particularly when your satiety/hunger signaling mechanisms are in less than optimal working order.

You know I'd forgotten that he kept saying that. I think he was trying to not scare them. You know switch them over from CW thinking of deprivation like you mentioned to a fat-adapted way of thinking. Each time he said don't worry about counting calories, I thought to myself, ha and then you'll have the talk with them in week 2? lol

Thanks for the heads up about the Hyperlipid site, am looking forward to reading up on their take on gut flora.

Comment

• Well-behaved women rarely make history : Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
      OT, but I love this line. It's a stark reminder that women are expected to misbehave and men are expected to stand solidly in line without emotion or individuality. Both are horrid cages to live in. I, as a man, get to enjoy being revered as crazy and out-of-line for thinking for myself and speaking out against convention. You, on the other hand, get to enjoy praise and adoration for speaking out and thinking for yourself. It is a position to be admired. I get "You crazy, man", while you get, "You go girl!". On average, in most cases and for the masses. There are always exceptions.

"Well-behaved men are usually the ones who make history, because the public burns heretics at the stake" -Me
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        OT, but I love this line. It's a stark reminder that women are expected to misbehave and men are expected to stand solidly in line without emotion or individuality. Both are horrid cages to live in. I, as a man, get to enjoy being revered as crazy and out-of-line for thinking for myself and speaking out against convention. You, on the other hand, get to enjoy praise and adoration for speaking out and thinking for yourself. It is a position to be admired. I get "You crazy, man", while you get, "You go girl!". On average, in most cases and for the masses. There are always exceptions.

"Well-behaved men are usually the ones who make history, because the public burns heretics at the stake" -Me
        You're substantially younger than I am so you probably have a different take on this than I do. In my day, women were expected to be "good girls", giggle at men's jokes, go to college long enough to get your "Mrs. degree", get married and keep house forever. That was a well behaved woman. It was the ones who were badly behaved, a la Gloria Steinem who made history. She did not get praised for it. She got death threats. The whole "You go, Girl" attitude of praise for bad girl antics is something much more recent. I remember when a woman was first "granted" the right to decide what happens in her own uterus. When I was a girl things like spousal and date rape were not even prosecuted and if you were wearing a short skirt it was said that you were "asking for it". There has been a lot of progress in a generation.

I do agree with you about the pressures toward conformity though.

Comment

• See, if this was facebook, I could just "like" your post. I agree, the generation gap does make a difference. A MASSIVE difference. Men are basically house pets now, and women do everything - and scoff at our ideas because we are just silly boys who don't know anything. Women make plans, schedule everything, and a man's input is taken under advisement. Meh. Life is good though.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

You're substantially younger than I am so you probably have a different take on this than I do. In my day, women were expected to be "good girls", giggle at men's jokes, go to college long enough to get your "Mrs. degree", get married and keep house forever. That was a well behaved woman.
            Here's a woman who 100 years ago, broke all the rules --- was disowned by her mother for being so independent, and became a very famous woman. Biography - Doris McCarthy
            ----------------------------------------
            F, 48, 5'10"
            Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
            Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

• I loved the pate recipe, it tastes a lot like liver sausage. I used 1.5 lbs of liver, and 1 cup of cream felt like more than I needed, but I did not drain my liver, so I had a fair bit of juices. However, with 1 cup, it set nicely

I am starting to experience the moments of complete fullness, but it comes at the expense of no weight loss or weight gain. I couldn't take the suspense any longer, so I weighed myself, and was about 0.3 lbs heavier this Saturday than 2 weeks back, and added another pound on by Sunday morning, did not want to check this morning, but another lb was probably on. I will try to see if I can do broth fast today and on Wednesday, and increase cardio load since this is a deload week.

I am wearing the 'bulk-up' pants and feel fat & ugly. If I don't start losing weight in the next couple weeks, I will start UD2.0 again in October. Well, if anything, I was on a no dieting since late July, so I am fulfilling all the conditions for the UD2.0. Plus, I should be so tired of grease, that tuna and egg whites will feel like a welcome delicacy!
              Last edited by Leida; 09-10-2012, 05:49 AM.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• You can make cheese out of nuts... soaked almonds or cashews, but don't know if that's something you'd want to do.
                How to make nut cheese

Comment

• I bought some triple cream goat brie. Just thought I would inject a little sense into this talk about cheese. Coconut cheese? Nut cheese? Not cheese. Abominations. But I agree that maybe there is too much cheese lately. That's why I'm very grateful for liver pate and pesto.

P.S. I remember when women were not allowed to have a credit card in their own name.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

There is an interesting series of posts on the Hyperlipid site called "Whose Fat is it Anyway?" Peter is talking about the zillions of microbes that inhabit our digestive systems and eat the fibrous stuff we can't use. When the microbes are deprived of their cellulose, they send out a signaling chemical called FIAF or Fasting Induced Adipose Factor which tells the body to burn some fat for them to eat since there's no cellulose in this damn restaurant. As long as we keep feeding the microbes salads, they don't send out the word to burn fat. Interesting reading.
                    Well I suppose that explains why salads seem to make me fat. Or at least I have never been one of these ladies who can lose any weight eating salads.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• i live in Kentucky, the law still reads as if only a wife can inherit an estate. the missing element is the fact that a woman could leave and estate to be inherited.

i was something i read while waiting on the Clerk of the Court of Appeals in a Law review Journal... subtle but still there
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• The triple cream cheese (it's from Quebec, so I suppose they couldn't call it brie, but it looks and tastes just like brie) was on-sale, so I bought that and melted it with the normal double cream brie and those sundried tomatoes, sunflower seeds, garlic and fresh thyme/basil from the garden with crudites. It was yum, but the only version of sundried tomatoes we have here comes in sunflower oil, so I dunno if it is a good thing to buy again. It does not specify if it is refined sunflower oil, or not, but it doesn't taste like sunflower, so I figure it is refined. We'll finish the jar, but, yeah, I am concerned about it being the bad oil.
                        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• leida, i can blip up 3-5 pounds overnight, so i don't think .3, or even 1 pound, is something that came from liver pate. it's water.

my work week was terribly long, with loads of anxiety, and i fell so behind on this thread! lol. i was not as compliant as i would have liked with my moar fat, lower carbs, but still am down about 1/2 pound from last monday. am ok with that. am still running warm, waking up super early and feeling well-rested even with less than 6 hours of sleep. i also am just "smaller". haven't done any measuring, but my work pants are way looser and i wore capris the other day that haven't fit since last summer -- size 6.

3 years ago, i went low-carb, with atkins, and felt great. in the last 8 months, i have been going with pb, but had gotten pretty sloppy about carb consumption. with my improved diet PLUS lower carb i feel great. really good. some of this may be a resolution of some hormonal issues too, but either way, i know i am on a good path.

my fats have been mostly from coconut milk and animal fat, plus kerrygold butter. i have grass-fed cheese in the house (had an ounce with breakfast today), but have been eating much less of it than i usually do. i think the non-grass-fed cheeses caused cravings and i had trouble controlling my consumption of it. this can be in my fridge for a long time without me even thinking about. i've stayed away from yogurt too for the same reason.

had organic cream with berries after-dinner last night and had no cravings, so i'm thinking it's something about the grain-fed cheese. dunno, lol.
                          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• What does mascarpone cheese taste like? I was going to buy some at wholefoods and saw that it was next to the devonshire scone cream? is it the same kind of flavour?

Comment

• haha! just remembered!

at 8:30 yesterday, before my b/f's soccer game, he wanted breakfast, so i did make him some, but i was only feeling a wee bit of a pang. not enough for a meal, but knew any other food would be at least 5 hours away, so i took 10 almonds and dipped each one into a total of 1 tablespoon of kerrygold butter. WOW, delish, and i was set up just fine til much later. i was definitely quite hungry for dinner when it was ready at 5, but not ZOMG-i'll-kill-a-baby-if-i-don't-eat-NOW!
                              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
                                What does mascarpone cheese taste like? I was going to buy some at wholefoods and saw that it was next to the devonshire scone cream? is it the same kind of flavour?
                                it's like cream cheese, but softer and less processed.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                                X