Calorie Counting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some interesting responses here

I particularly like Paleobird's comment about how some people definitely need a way to get from A to B. Perhaps this could be because when people start a paleo/primal diet and hear the advice that "fat is good, eat more fat" they go a bit crazy, cooking everything in butter, eating lots of nuts, etc and forget about the actual calorific content of the food? That seems to be one of the things that isn't made totally clear sometimes, CW states fat makes you fat, and whilst we know that it's not that simple, from a calorific standpoint it seems to be, for CW'ers wanting to lose weight they cut out the things with most calories, seems legit.

I tried my first day without calorie counting today and I'll admit I did still tot up rough estimates in my head. I reckon it would be alright if you really did just eat strict primal though, especially if you plated up on veggies.
    My Primal Journal

My Primal Goals

1. Be healthy
    2. Get lean
    3. Get strong
    4. Enjoy life!

Comment

Originally posted by JL22 View Post
      Some interesting responses here

I particularly like Paleobird's comment about how some people definitely need a way to get from A to B. Perhaps this could be because when people start a paleo/primal diet and hear the advice that "fat is good, eat more fat" they go a bit crazy, cooking everything in butter, eating lots of nuts, etc and forget about the actual calorific content of the food? That seems to be one of the things that isn't made totally clear sometimes, CW states fat makes you fat, and whilst we know that it's not that simple, from a calorific standpoint it seems to be, for CW'ers wanting to lose weight they cut out the things with most calories, seems legit.

I tried my first day without calorie counting today and I'll admit I did still tot up rough estimates in my head. I reckon it would be alright if you really did just eat strict primal though, especially if you plated up on veggies.
      I just started a new thread about the "EAT MOAR FAT!" advice given on the forum.

Comment

I've been counting religiously since the middle of April and losing weight steadily. I've been a least a little overweight almost my whole life, except for a stretch between my mid-teens and mid-twenties, when I was addicted to aerobics and/or bulimic. I also weigh myself every.single.day. The constant flood of numbers has helped me become much more analytical and less emotional about food, which is an indescribable relief to me. It brought me to primal, because as I tried out ways to make a longterm (small) calorie deficit bearable, primal eating kept making it easier. I'm sure some people can "listen" to their body - I'm not there yet.
        50yo, 5'3"
        SW-195
        CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
        GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Working...
        X