Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has cured their autoimmune disease with hookworms/parasites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but you generally get infected by stepping on feces from an infected person, not by person to person contact.

ETA: or by eating worms or eggs
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
      Being an immunologist, do you by chance know of any studies involving helminths that are looking for participants?

My husband right now is the one who needs it more than me....he's tried everything under the sun (except this) to cure his psoriatic arthritis, which at times is quite debilitating and affects his daily life. He can't do many of the things he used to love, and can easily get cut off socially as a result.

He's tried experimenting with every possible diet related thing (paleo, nightshades, lectins, dairy, gluten, soy, grains, alcohol, more meat, no meat, more Omega 3/minimal omega 6, etc...) plus supplements and things like LDN and fumaric acid....these things all have ZERO effect, it's really unbearably frustrating, especially when it seems like so many people are cured with this way of eating and he literally has no improvement whatsoever.
      Any update since August?
      Quite literally, the wittiest signature line you can think of.

Comment

I was diagnosed with MS in November 2010 following a bout of Optic Neuritis. MRI confirmed tell tail white matter lesions. Had some tingling in feet and hands several months prior to main attack.

Spent several months on interferon (Rebif) which almost killed me.

8 months after diagnosis started Hookworm therapy (with AIT) along with a a supplement and good diet programme.

Almost 5 years down the line no relapses and only minor residual deficits (some heat sensitivity in my hands).

Following diagnosis managed to hold down a good job in Oil Company, move to Australia, get married, become a Father.

On the balance of probabilities I take the view that hookworm therapy has held the monster at bay while I have watched other diagnosed at the same time gradually get worse or plateau on Disease Modification Drugs which are of limited effectiveness and have horrible sides.

Comment

^^^ That is very exciting news!

Have you reinfected yourself? If so how often and do you have any idea approximately how many you are carrying?
          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

double post
            Last edited by Urban Forager; 09-29-2015, 08:57 AM. Reason: computer glitch
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I take the rather unwelcome view (to me, at least) that everything serves a purpose. That includes internal and external parasites - but I still don't want them! Nevertheless, the parasite-free person (think bubble people) are among the most fragile on the face of the earth. If a few controlled parasites can make my life healthier, then that's worth a try. That must be partially why certain experts say having older siblings is a health advantage - they bring everything home for you to deal with, and there are fewer allergies as you mature.

Comment

Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus View Post
                  Disgusting.
                  You think Kurt's healing is disgusting? What works is what works. Someone being healed of MS is not disgusting and Jesus would know that, I expect.
                  Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                  Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus View Post
                    Disgusting.
                    A slow dwindling death at the hands of MS is far far worse.

The only sides I have had from each inoculation is the characteristic dermatitis at the introduction site and mild stomach discomfort at about the 3 week mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                      ^^^ That is very exciting news!

Have you reinfected yourself? If so how often and do you have any idea approximately how many you are carrying?
                      Yes. Since February 2011 I have had approximately 300 worms in doses of 35-50 at a time. AIT's view based on the 15-20 MS clients they have is that a host infection of 150 -200 organisms is required to achieve full remission.

Most adult infections in healthy adults under 300 organisms are asymptomatic

Comment

Kurt, thanks so much for sharing your experience. There are so many with autoimmune conditions that could benefit from this information. I don't know how it is in Australia but in the US helminthic therapy is expensive and difficult to obtain.

What does AIT stand for for?

Comment

Auto-immune therapy? Guess. Thank you Kurt! I have had 3 women in my family suffer from MS, 1 more refuses to get a diagnosis, 1 has passed on. My family has other autoimmune issues, severe life threatening allergies, as well as disfiguring eczema.
                          I recently graduated with a degree in laboratory science, and this therapy IS starting to make mainstream headway. Obviously the immune system needs something to focus on, in order to leave "self" alone! Hooray for research and hope it gains some momentum!!

Comment

Kurt, great to hear you've had success with worms. Any recommended links or resources with regards to your AIT program? I continue to look at any and all options to defeat the beast.
                            "On a snow covered mountain time stands still and clarity enters the mind"
                            "I want to find out what happens if I don't give up"

Comment

AIT - Autoimmune Therapies - The company Jasper Lawrence runs.

Comment

Treatment through AIT is fairly inexpensive. I pay $2500 USD for 3 years treatment (comapre that to DMD's - more like $2500 a month). However I know Jasper Lawrence has had issues with the FDA hence his return to the UK. The medical authorities in the UK which are less in the pocket of Big Pharmafia issued AIT with an investigational medicinal products licence. The therapy is not available on the NHS or recommended however AIT is free to offer treatment.

IMO AIT have been very responsible in their approach. They don't promise miracles.

Comment

Working...
                                X