Is Dandy Blend primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dandy Blend primal?

It has barley and rye but no gluten, is it primal?

Does it have health benefits? If not, what are some other coffee replacements? I think it tastes ok

barley and rye are grains.

Grains are not primal.

Comment

wtf... just drink coffee... coffee is more primal than THAT.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I've read about it from this forum, but wanted to double check. I'm trying to give up coffee, but still want to drink bulletproof coffee with some kind of coffee substitute.

Comment

Barley and rye contain gluten. It's not exclusive to wheat. And at the end of the day, they're grains.

Comment

Try Crio Bru. I am in love with this stuff. It is roasted Ground cocoa nibs that you brew like coffee. Heavenly.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Try Crio Bru. I am in love with this stuff. It is roasted Ground cocoa nibs that you brew like coffee. Heavenly.
              OMG! This stuff looked awesome! My two favorite things together. Which flavors have you tried or would you recommend?
              Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                OMG! This stuff looked awesome! My two favorite things together. Which flavors have you tried or would you recommend?
                When I was ordering, I just couldn't decide so I bought one of each. (they give you free shipping if you order $75 worth and 6 1lb bags is about $80) They all have very subtle flavor variations but it is the flavor of the natural beans themselves as they grow in various places in the world, not any flavoring added to it. I've only tried three so far but they are all great.

No, I don't work for them but I would like to. Just think how great their offices must smell.

Comment

I ordered the maracaibo from Crio Bru, real good, slight caramel taste. I added a scoop in with my Gevalia Peruvian org coffee this morning, OMG, so good.

Comment

I had the Cavalla and the Cavalla Dark Roast and of the two I prefer the dark roast but then I like really dark roast coffee too so that is a personal decision. They also sent me a sample of their Vega Real which is out of stock atm but due to be back soon. It was the best so far.

Comment

I usually get a breakfast blend or light roast. So would you consider the Cavalla a light roast?

Comment

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                        I usually get a breakfast blend or light roast. So would you consider the Cavalla a light roast?
                        Not really light. About medium. It's just that the Cavalla Dark Roast is so much darker. I like it but then I like Italian Roast style espresso. You might prefer the regular Cavalla.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Not really light. About medium. It's just that the Cavalla Dark Roast is so much darker. I like it but then I like Italian Roast style espresso. You might prefer the regular Cavalla.
                          Thanks. When I looked at the stuff a couple weeks ago, I just couldn't decide but thought I might be ok with the regular and just adulterate the hell outa it like I usually do with cream and vanilla stevia.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Despite being gluten free and seeing it on paleo forums, I was uncomfortable about the barley and rye, so I figured why risk it. It doesn't even taste that great anyway, maybe I'll just get the chicory on its own

So what's the difference between using Crio Bru and just cacao powder? I sometimes will make my BP coffee with just cacao powder, it tastes pretty good on it's own, but I like the flavor coffee adds. Is it just the taste, or does it have additional health benefits?

Comment

Working...
                            X