No announcement yet.

Tea is freakin' amazing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drink a bottle of Ito En Oi Ocha Japanese Green Tea (dark) every afternoon with org lime and a few drops of liquid stevia. I am hooked on it for its rich taste and the powerful amt of energy it gives me. It's expensive but I don't mind because it takes the place of ginger ale, diet soda, lemonade and whatever else junk liquid I was swilling down.

Comment

actually read a daily mail article about how mathew mccounahaaaay...the actor.... mananged to drop so much weight in a short time for his movie role and they seemed to suggest that it was by drinking copious amounts of tea....probably a load of bullocks but found it interesting

Comment

I don't use the weird fruit-flavored ones. The boring old-fashioned ones are usually ok.

And I'm not really too hung-up on 'primal approved' anyway. Primal inspired is about all I'll admit to. Especially not knowing who the heck is in charge of 'approval'.
        Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by JBailey View Post
          I don't use the weird fruit-flavored ones. The boring old-fashioned ones are usually ok.

And I'm not really too hung-up on 'primal approved' anyway. Primal inspired is about all I'll admit to. Especially not knowing who the heck is in charge of 'approval'.
          I can confirm that the Celestial Seasonings chamomile "tea" and peppermint "tea" are just the pure herb and are totally ok.

A lot of their flavored blends though, do contain the soy lecithin, useful information for folks who may be allergic.
          If anyone wants to avoid the soy from their teas it just takes a simple look at the label to be sure. Some of us may not be concerned about it however.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
            actually read a daily mail article about how mathew mccounahaaaay...the actor.... mananged to drop so much weight in a short time for his movie role and they seemed to suggest that it was by drinking copious amounts of tea....probably a load of bullocks but found it interesting
            Tea can be a wonderful tool to help people lose weight. It suppresses appetite (even more-so when you talk about yerba mate), increases utilization of fat for energy, and increases metabolism to burn calories. Is it a magical silver-bullet for weight loss? No.

But it CAN be a great accompaniment to an exercise plan and a diet that calls for calorie-counting/restriction.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
              I drink a bottle of Ito En Oi Ocha Japanese Green Tea (dark) every afternoon with org lime and a few drops of liquid stevia. I am hooked on it for its rich taste and the powerful amt of energy it gives me. It's expensive but I don't mind because it takes the place of ginger ale, diet soda, lemonade and whatever else junk liquid I was swilling down.
              Bottled teas tend to be lower in antioxidants than home-steeped teas from whole leaves, but anything that replaces energy drinks, sodas, and sports drinks is a winner in my book! Good on you.

Comment

And 3, 2, 1 KOMBUCHA
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  And 3, 2, 1 KOMBUCHA
                  Wonderful stuff. I like to let it ferment long enough that almost all of the sugars are out of the stuff. Makes it really biting and acidic, but I find that to be a wonderful part of the allure. Drinking a brew like THAT will REALLY wake you up!

Comment

Ok, so I tried this Himalayan black tea at a local independent tea shop today and ummm... YUM.

Comment

Working...
                    X