No announcement yet.

Egg Lovers Beware!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I'm not alone, but its definitely still frustrating not only from a mental standpoint, but a financial one as well. Hopefully I don't become allergic to meat or something somehow from subbing in beef or chicken for breakfast meals..hah! I went off eggs for two weeks and had one...ONE bite of my girlfriend's omelette at an amazing breakfast place in town and it gave me the regrettable feeling of knives and false sense of bloatedness again. Praying God will wipe away this intolerance one day.

Comment

intense pain and discomfort like a small knife slowly traveling through my digestive system
      You're generally supposed to remove the shell.

badump-tshhh. Sorry to hear that, though.
      carl's cave

Comment

Eating eggs everyday can cause issues like that, its really that simple. Just take a break from em and then don't eat them everyday when you reintroduce em.

Comment

Aw man, I LOVE eggs! I have a two egg omelet almost everyday for breakfast Guess it's time to cut back. Sad face!

Comment

I've been eating eggs daily for over six months now with little to no problems. I'm not sure if I'll never develop problems, but I would think that if almost six months of near daily egg consumption hasn't done that to me yet, I must be doing ok. At least, I sure hope so!

It would suck not to be able to eat my eggs. :P
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
              You're generally supposed to remove the shell.

badump-tshhh. Sorry to hear that, though.
              That's what I was going to say.

I don't think eating eggs daily for breakfast gave me an intolerance. I'm pretty sure I had it before. I've had post-nasal drip for decades now and I stopped eating eggs and now I can breathe through my nose and I don't cough all the time. I can still eat eggs, but that's the price I pay.

I switched from eggs to making meat scrambles for breakfast. I'll save the meat from my soup bones or I'll have chicken or beef liver or tongue. Or ground beef or sausage. Cook it in a pan with onions and other veggies just like an egg scramble. It's just as good, actually it's better.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

3-4 eggs everyday is a bit an exaggeration anyway, I would add: quite boring, too.
                Try smoked salmon with avogado as breakfast, or some bacon (don't throw the fat, of course!!!), or a half liter of full fat milk kefir. Just a fruit will be fine, too.

You can also take advantage that ketosis is particularly active during the night to continue it with a cup of coffee... and nothing more (intermittent fasting).

I love eggs, I eat 8-10 of them per week, but mostly as snacks during the day, and only when really must eat something.

Comment

Dang. I eat 3 dozen eggs a week. I can't imagine not being able to!

Comment

Working...
                  X