No announcement yet.

What, if any, supplements do you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take Vitamin C and Selenium (a brazil nut) daily. Sometimes Nori.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
      Is that your evidence that iodine supplements alter your personality? "The iodine thread"? How un-scientific...
      it was a joke

a thread about iodine was started as a means of discussing health benefits of iodine, it turned into a circus of stupidity

a new thread about iodine was created in the hopes a new and civil discussion could take place, and then that turned into a circus of stupidity as well

as for supps, i used to take a bunch but now i'm just taking a full spectrum multi on a sporadic basis
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        it was a joke

a thread about iodine was started as a means of discussing health benefits of iodine, it turned into a circus of stupidity
        Are they still painting the stuff on their privy parts, or has the HMS Woo sailed on to new uncharted latitudes?
        6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
        ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

grizz came back to fling poo everywhere as is his wont, new guy James flung it back and i quit paying attention
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

Magnesium citrate, D vitamin, cod liver oil when I have factory pork or chicken.

Comment

D3
              Fish Oil
              Magnesium
              BCAA (only around my weights sessions)
              Protein Blend (whey,casein,egg)

Activator X butter oil and Fermented cod liver I tend to cycle 3 weeks on 1 off for a testestorone/libido boost.

Really rate this as an incredible libido boost:

http://www.4hourlife.com/2011/03/11/...e-cheat-sheet/
              Last edited by Will8801; 08-27-2012, 04:19 AM.

Comment

This thread topic comes up pretty regularly, and I always feel inclined to chime in.

Used to take
                -50-300mg of 5-HTP for depression management, no longer need to (taken before bed)
                -500mg of L-Tryptophan for depression management, no longer need it (taken before bed)
                -500mg of Tyrosine for general anxiety and focus, no longer need to (taken before food in morning)
                -Candex, for yeast control, no longer works (2x daily, before morning and evening meals)

Now taking
                -125mg grapefruit seed extract, 2x daily, for yeast control (on empty stomach, before morning and evening meals)
                -garlic extract/essence capsule, 1x daily, for yeast control/digestive issues (right before eating morning meal)
                -5,000-10,000IU of vitamin D, depends on how I feel, for deficiency (last tested in a good range, but looking for a good maintenance level) (taken with morning food)
                -400mg of Magnesium Citrate, for digestive issues (taken before bed)
                -4,500mg of L-Glutamine, 2x daily, for digestive issues/intestinal health (taken on empty stomach before morning and evening meals)
                -1000mg of Vitamin C, for digestive support (taken on empty stomach before morning meal and before bed)
                -Acidophilus capsule with at least 2 meals a day, for digestive support/yeast control
                -Alive! for women multi-vitamin with breakfast (for overall support and trace minerals)

I'm using Gutsense.org as a guide for my digestive issues. Yeah, it's a lot, but in the long run (hopefully not TOO long), it should help. Eventually, I should be down to just Vitamin D on a regular basis.
                Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by Legbiter View Post
                  Magnesium citrate, D vitamin, cod liver oil when I have factory pork or chicken.
                  WHy do you take Mag Citrate? I got some over the weekend that come in 250mg capsules. I find it relaxes me a lot and I think I sleptt better these past few days. It is interesting seeing that I had never heard of it before this forum.

Comment

I take:

generic multi (with Mg)
                    Zn
                    5HTP (3x a day)

I also buy and eat 1 35 g pack of Bullweed per week & 2-3 Brazil nuts a day on the weekdays.
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Fish oil (wild alaskan salmon): 2k to 4k mg a day
                      Magnesium: 410 mg a day
                      MSM (for my tenosynovitis): 1k mg a day
                      Vitamin D3: 1k IU a day
                      C: 1k mg a day
                      Creatine: 5 grams every other day

I also usually take zinc and B12 but I ran out and haven't bought more yet. I also sometimes use protein powder (whey isolate) if I have trouble getting enough protein through regular food for whatever reason.

I also take fluoxetine (prozac), 60 mg a day, and have for the last six years. Ultimately I'd like to transition off of that and onto more natural supplements (like 5-HTP) but that's in the future for now.
                      Last edited by ilanatree; 08-27-2012, 07:44 AM.

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65041.html

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        Now taking
                        -125mg grapefruit seed extract, 2x daily, for yeast control (on empty stomach, before morning and evening meals)
                        -garlic extract/essence capsule, 1x daily, for yeast control/digestive issues (right before eating morning meal)
                        -5,000-10,000IU of vitamin D, depends on how I feel, for deficiency (last tested in a good range, but looking for a good maintenance level) (taken with morning food)
                        -400mg of Magnesium Citrate, for digestive issues (taken before bed)
                        -4,500mg of L-Glutamine, 2x daily, for digestive issues/intestinal health (taken on empty stomach before morning and evening meals)
                        -1000mg of Vitamin C, for digestive support (taken on empty stomach before morning meal and before bed)
                        -Acidophilus capsule with at least 2 meals a day, for digestive support/yeast control
                        -Alive! for women multi-vitamin with breakfast (for overall support and trace minerals)

I'm using Gutsense.org as a guide for my digestive issues. Yeah, it's a lot, but in the long run (hopefully not TOO long), it should help. Eventually, I should be down to just Vitamin D on a regular basis.
                        Which acidophilus supplement do you take?
                        >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                        >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                        >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Salmon oil
                          Multivitamin
                          Vitamin D3 (during the cold months)
                          Vitamin C
                          Whey protein
                          Creatine monohydrate
                          “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by MissJecka View Post
                            Which acidophilus supplement do you take?
                            Just something I got at CVS. Who knows if it actually does anything, my digestive system is too messed up right now for me to tell!
                            Depression Lies

Comment

protein powders, creatine, b-complex (because chocotaco cured his baldness with this)

Comment

I used to take:
                                Vitamin D3
                                Magnesium citrate
                                Iodine/Iodide
                                Occasional potassium and selenium (too much selenium made my hair fall out)

Now I am rather lax about any of those and take them only rarely. Been drinking bone broth at breakfast and adding a lot of salt to my food. Both those seem to make me feel a lot perkier.
                                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X