Forks Vs. Knives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forks Vs. Knives

I'm getting so much flack about this! And I do see friends doing the Bill Clinton diet. I try to answer them with some Primal wisdom, but I still got a bit of gut so maybe I'm not the best ambassador.

What do we think here about the whole Forks vs. Knives movie issue?

Thanks,
    Search

Tell them any way of eating where you need vitamin B shots is stupid.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Is that true? you need Vitamin B shots? not good....

Comment

Ignore them and eat how you want. Nothing worse than people arguing about who's diet is better. What works for one person doesn't always work for others.

Comment

Read Denise Mingers review.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Don't bring a fork to a knife fight.

Comment

Never mind all that just eat your meat with a fork.
              Female, age 51, 5' 9"
              SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
              2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

They compared a SAD to people who have been eating ancestrally for generations upon generations. So yeah, if you compare a population that eats like that to a population with industrialized farming (including animals) as their primary food source, including a bunch of processed shit, it is no fucking surprise that the former is healthier than the latter.

Even so, I agree eating lots of veggies and fruits is good (obviously). But I disagree that eating animals products is necessarily bad. Eat responsibly raised animals, wild animals, etc, and that is miles away from chowing down on a royale with cheese. There is good stuff in there, for sure, but it's not exactly a fair assessment of animal consumption.
                29/F
                5'4.5
                Highest weight: 220
                Starting weight: 195
                Current weight: 179
                Goal weight: 127

Comment

I didn't watch the film, I tried to read "The China Study," but I couldn't .... My stomach sensitive to propaganda ordered me to stop and return the book to the library. The book is definitely vegan propaganda and it looks like the film is the same. Read Denise.

Comment

I watched the movie back when I was toying with veganism and was totally sucked into the propoganda. It's still available on Netflix "watch instantly" and I'm interested in watching it again, just for shits and giggles. I think it'd be interesting to see what I think now that I have a new, clearer mindset.
                    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

My girlfriend ordered my this movie last year and we didnt even watch it after i read the back of the box. If its anything like the "medi fast" diet that SO many of my co-workers did, i still dont want to watch it. Id say 8 people did that diet and only 2 of them kept the weight off, which made them look sickly. 500 calories a day + all these shots and crap, its terrible.

Comment

I just tried to watch this movie. I simply cannot. The simple fact that these people don't understand was we are here today because we ate animals. All the health issues we deal with today didn't exist 10,000 years ago. Sure, people get better when they start eating whole foods, lots of vegetables and less sugar; it has nothing to do with abstaining from animal products.
                        "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I can only hope I look twice as healthy as Bill Clinton at his age...

Comment

i actually think that movie is a very poor representation of the vegan argument. It's kind of like they got all the vegan gurus together and shot a little film that tried to wrap up the main points of "The China Study". They did a poor job with it though, and I didn't find it all that convincing (and keep in mind that I watched that while I was still vegan).

Comment

I eat with a knife AND a fork... sometimes a mothafuking SPOON too!
                              And let's not forget the chopsticks.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                              X