Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?!

So, I know we have some time before September is here, but I'd like to get a support thread started on doing a Whole 30 in September!!!!

For me, I won't be having any dairy, sugar, grains, or alcohol for the entire month. Usually I use some dairy, butter namely, and once in a while have some dark chocolate.

I'm doing so well on August Whole30 that I'll probably carry it over to September.

However, I'll have certain planned non-Whole30 days - specifically, my godson's birthday party (probably non-paleo foods, but I'll do what I can), my anniversary at the end of the month (definitely wine, and possibly non-paleo food), and wine during Rosh Hashana.

But there will be a planned IF during Yom Kippur!
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

I started a whole30 in June- continued for 50 days. I was more nervous about adding things back than anything else. I survived. Never added back dairy bc I did t miss it. Drank champagne and wine a few times, didn't miss it. Had sme frozen yogurt, ehh. Laxed a bit during the beginning of August and I hated it.

Started a new whole30 5 days ago, so I plan to stay on track through September as well. So I'll join you. 2 of my best girlfriends are w me attempting their first! So awesome!

Comment

Um I guess I will start my first whole30. I have been on the site but I am wondering if I have to pay the 9.99 or whatevs to read about it more in depth?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
          Um I guess I will start my first whole30. I have been on the site but I am wondering if I have to pay the 9.99 or whatevs to read about it more in depth?
          You can get all the information you need to do a Whole30 on the website without paying. But I do highly recommend reading the Hartwigs' book, It Starts With Food, before embarking if you can get your hands on it. It really helps to have an in-depth explanation of why you're doing what you're doing.
          Primal Journal - Zinnia

Comment

I won't be doing a Whole30, just clean eating. No sugar, including no fruit/starches (for candida issues) until I've been symptom-free for a couple of weeks, no grains, no alcohol (unless I'm symptom-free, then I might try one drink here and there. I will be eating yogurt.
            Depression Lies

Comment

As my attempts on the August Primal challenge have gone far better than I expected (I'm suprised I don't miss dark chocolate, nuts and my daily dairy), I think I'm ready to give a Whole30 a go and see what happens .

Comment

On day 20 of mine, and I have no plans to change what I'm doing for September, except for adding 3-5 glasses of wine/week in (maybe less) and having some frickin' dark chocolate.

I'm wondering if I can make this last the rest of the year, even over the holidays! I will, of course, have to plan on some Oktoberfest beer and brats. We do have one of the BEST Oktoberfest celebrations in the US!
                “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

I'm in - I'm out of heavy cream and cheese, so it seems like as good a time as any! I've been meaning to do an autoimmune elimination trial with no dairy and no nightshades, and I think this is a good time for that. Not sure if I'm ready for no eggs yet...

Comment

I'd do Whole 30 with butter and/or a bit of cheese if I feel like it. Can't think of anything else I would like that is not W30, but I will post any deviations. I'll also continue weighing in daily till I hit 122, and weekly after that.
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Y'all kinda miss the point of whole30, what with the deviations and weighing. That is so not what it's about.

Afsjesse, if you are missing butter on the whole30, keep in mind you can use Ghee instead! ghee is delish!

Merryish - eggs are whole30 approved
                      yay!

Comment

I'm in! My husband and I put ourselves on a super-budget recently that only allows meat and vegetables if we want to have enough food for the week. Not even budget for berries. So, I've been *pretty much* Whole30 compliant for the past 3-weeks.

EXCEPT....diet soda. Ugh, I know. They are free at the office. The sweet taste is keeping my brain from losing sweet cravings, though, so I know I need to ditch them for more reasons than one (the one being that they make me feel sick, probably due to the chemicals!!!). I've also had a few slices of cheddar cheese and a few glugs of 1/2 and 1/2 in tea at work (also free) these past few weeks. I'll end those "once-in-a-while" items for the Whole30.

Comment

Originally posted by zinnia View Post
                          You can get all the information you need to do a Whole30 on the website without paying. But I do highly recommend reading the Hartwigs' book, It Starts With Food, before embarking if you can get your hands on it. It really helps to have an in-depth explanation of why you're doing what you're doing.
                          Just don't have time to "read" a book though, I figure I will get back with the website, I already kind of know why I would want to try this for thirty days, based on primal eating principles already. Thanks tho.

Comment

Y'all kinda miss the point of whole30, what with the deviations and weighing. That is so not what it's about.
                            I agree, actually, but unless someone opens a thread for Clean Eating in September or Primal90/10 for September there will be no other concentrated support group that is better suited, and pretty much everyone booked off exceptions from W30 on this thread. I would not have signed up if I was the only one with devs.

Also, if you already know that dairy doesn't hurt you, plus W30 is designed with the clean Paleo rules, rather than clean Primal rules in mind. Perhaps, it will be better to give it another name, but don't we have enough names already for what is basically very much the same thing.
                            Last edited by Leida; 08-22-2012, 01:15 PM.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Agreed with Leida. My goals a bit different. I'm really just looking for support and accountability because various digestive issues require me to be very strict with my diet. Could I do it without yogurt? If I had access to kimchee and other fermented foods, yeah. Do I have the time/energy/budget to find/make that stuff right now? No.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                              X