Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 7 was good, my 2 cookbooks arrived so I got to tried out a new recipe (the bearnaise sauce recipe) as part of dinner. it was so yummy and I was full for hours after dinner.

Day 8 is going good so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
      I'm going grocery shopping tonight too after work, I can't wait. I have always loved grocery shopping but now that I'm primal it's better than ever and I enjoy spending time reading ingredients and picking through the vegetables. I also engage in lots of convo with the meat counter dudes, I have impressed them with my thirst for knowledge regarding cuts of meat and my lecturing another lady on how to properly cook a steak. :P

I think I would gladly kill a man to weigh 149 pounds. :P I weigh about twice that currently, but only a few pounds away from my very first major weight loss goal: first time in 6+ years being below 300 pounds. (I am a 29 year old 5'9" female, for reference.)
      that's a great milestone for you! congrats!

Originally posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
      I have been so busy wrapped up at work that I havent posted in over a week! anywho just checking in, I have managed to remain in whole 30 ketosis (even though i had a really bad craving day) all in all so far so good. My diet staple has been pretty much eggs and vary red meats. I think been so busy (but not stressed) has really helped in my adherence. I am looking forward to another good weekend and week although I will have a few glasses of wine as it is my partner's bday.

That's it for now.
      that's great you're going strong. enjoy the birthday celebration.

Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
      Dear Primal Lizard: YOU WILL GET THERE! As an athlete, I've used all sorts of psych conditioning and visualization techniques. One important task my coach taught me was every morning, and every evening, to sit quietly and remove all distractions from my mind and focus on breathing from the belly. Once you are deep breathing and relaxed, begin to visualize yourself as you wish to see yourself. Picture yourself moving down in dress size and feel how that feels. Look at all the details in your mind as you see yourself finally putting on that little black dress as you prepare to go out for an evening with friends or family. Think about how great you feel, how lovely the dress feels, how strong you are as a person and how empowered you feel. Now walk through that exercise twice a day. There is a great quote: "You are what you think you are". That's a powerful thought. You are what you think you are. You are a strong lady, focused on your goal of greater health, more active lifestyle and regaining control over your body and your food choices. You will get there. /louisa
      thanks for your inspiring words and your example for us! i spend too much time thinking about what I'm doing wrong so visualizing success would be quite an improvement.

Originally posted by jacmac View Post
      Louisa655 I know that what you wrote was for primal lizard but that spoke to me soooo loudly.

Just last night I was reading through the before and after thread and it came to me that I thought that I would never get to post

on that thread. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

So I started thinking about how I could change my thinking and here today you have written out a prescription that is perfect.

Thank you Louisa655 and everyone else who posts here it just goes to show that we never really know what affect we have on

others.

Jackie
      I can totally relate to thinking I'll never get there. I have been slogging away trying to lose weight for 16 years and never have gotten there yet. Louisa's visualization should help. It's hard when you keep failing to see success as being possible. we can do it, though!!

Originally posted by JayGee View Post

Is anyone else living with others who are not doing Whole30 therefore you have a pantry that still contains SAD foods? I don't have cravings at the moment, but a pantry with chocolate, cereal, and granola bars plus at least 2 gallons of ice cream in the freezer will undoubtedly call my name eventually. My husband loves his "happy, happy fun food" and can't seems to convince himself that he'd be better off without it. It doesn't help that he is naturally slim and usually feels great... And my kids are naturally slim and very athletic and active. My husband loves to make them milkshakes at night and buy them candy on his way home from work!. I think my previous attempts at Whole 30 would have been much more successful if my house was Whole30 compliant.
      yep! I have some SAD foods in the house, too. My husband and kids are not primal. My husband is a fairly clean eater but he wants bread and peanut butter, rice and beans. He says he tried paleo (from observing him, I know he did not really follow it strictly, but he thinks he did). He says he got too weak and skinny and didn't feel good. He is one of those high metabolism people and he does crossfit and has a heavy manual labor job. He hadn't read anything about how to do paleo--just what he heard from others doing it at Crossfit so I'm betting he didn't eat enough fats. Anyways, I do the main cooking so dinner meal is paleo, sometimes he will make rice to go with something. The kids' lunches are fairly healthy but they still want crackers/bread. Neither one drinks milk but they do like greek yogurt. Right now, I just have to focus on myself and maybe convert later. I have never been good at resisting temptation but committing to the whole30 was key for me. I haven't cheated yet but there have been some close calls! I resisted a bowl of popcorn sitting on the coffee table. that was hard. popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. Even a slice of toast smells so delicious. My husband can be very supportive sometimes and other times a bit dense. He doesn't get it, since he doesn't have food issues. I asked him not to buy ice cream to have in the freezer and he said, just don't eat it. Um, easier said then done when you have binging issues but oh well. I'm doing okay right now.
      ok, sorry for the book i just wrote!

Originally posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
      Day 7 was good, my 2 cookbooks arrived so I got to tried out a new recipe (the bearnaise sauce recipe) as part of dinner. it was so yummy and I was full for hours after dinner.

Day 8 is going good so far.
      keep it up! Can't wait for my new cookbooks to arrive. should be here monday!

Comment

• Thanks Louisa655 I agree it is a solo journey, just like life. The up side of that is that we get to claim all the bouquets when we win
        Go the swoosh!!!
        link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Hey Primal lizard,
          sounds like you are struggling to be compliant in a house full of people who don't have to worry about food issues

That must be tough but I can tell from how you write that you are digging deep, good for you!

I started primal on my own abut now have the whole family on board and we are all doing the whole 30 together and it does make it easier.

I hear you when you say you have been trying for 16 years, could be my story but I have taken on board what Louisa 655 talked

about and am visualising myself in a lovely outfit and I feel so strong and fit. I am able to move with freedom and fluidity. I am

smiling widely and glowing from good health and vitality. I need to practice this and build on it and you are right we can do it.

Last night I made delicious thai chicken curry (I made my own curry powder from scratch) and chicken thighs on a bed of spinach, bacon and onion that knocked your socks off with flavour so yum.
          link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Louisa655 - thank you SO much that was a great story. <3

ladies and gentleman i believe i have not only met, but exceeded my below 300 lb mark already. i was naughty and got on the scale this morning and saw a very pleasing number. i don't want to tell anyone because i am scared i imagined it. so i haven't told a soul yet - aside from you, now!
            yay!

Comment

• Congrats everyone on your W30 success so far. I am checking in to report that I am not doing an official W30 this month. My goal is to make 30 days clean Primal without grains & sugar of course & without binging. Once I have done that, I will try W30 again. Currently, I am using a small amount of dairy, artificial sweeteners in coffee and weighing daily.

I am choosing to eat VLC and I am happy to report that I am 6 days binge free and my weight is coming down 1-2 lbs/day. I had bloated up to 35lbs above my lowest Primal wt. So, I am losing weight that I had already lost before.

Good Luck to you all!
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Day 8 = another good one. Went to the gym to do another round of lifting heavy things and this afternoon I've been doing baking for work tomorrow (birthday gathering for a couple of work people, I felt like baking and volunteered myself), I'm amazed by the fact I had no interest in taste testing the rocky road I made. I did try 1 of the cookies I made (ones from Everyday Paleo), all the ingredients are Whole30 friendly so it's all good. Dinner tonight is going to be the slow-cooker coconut ginger pork from this site and kale.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacmac View Post
                  Last night I made delicious thai chicken curry (I made my own curry powder from scratch) and chicken thighs on a bed of spinach, bacon and onion that knocked your socks off with flavour so yum.
                  Wow, sounds amazing. It was a big spinach night over at our place, as well. A little BBQ steak, spinach with some bacon on top. Good to go! I always have that slightly metallic feel in my mouth when in Ketosis so I'm always brushing my teeth. I think Paleo Lifestyle is good for my oralhealth, as well! woot woot!
                  ----------------------------------------
                  F, 48, 5'10"
                  Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                  Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Louisa655 - thank you SO much that was a great story. <3

ladies and gentleman i believe i have not only met, but exceeded my below 300 lb mark already. i was naughty and got on the scale this morning and saw a very pleasing number. i don't want to tell anyone because i am scared i imagined it. so i haven't told a soul yet - aside from you, now!
                    QQEMOKITTY: Now just stop that -- because you're making me all teary out here on my patio. I couldn't be happier for you. Remember to keep breathing, keep walking, keep the positive talk going, and now visualize and document your next, achievable milestone. When something is working, and you are seeing results, keep doing what you are doing. There's no magic to this --- it's just takes goal setting, and the tenacity of a primal goddess (of which we are all).

I woke up this morning, still in ketosis (I bought ketosis sticks yesterday from the drug store). I always like to make sure that I think I am where I really am. I know I have felt all the symptoms of ketosis, but nothing says it more like a ketosis stick. I started my morning with a bullet coffee (2 coffess + 1/2 cup coconut milk), and will now go straight through until dinner at around 4pm. I'm aiming for another 10km walk today ---- I did 9km yesterday. I love the walks because it clears my mind and gives me time to think about all the good things in my life -- my dog, my rabbit, my friends and family, of course. My daughter (21 yrs old), just moved to London, England and I'm missing her a little. My other two sons are here in Toronto, just started their 1st week back to University/College. There's a great saying that goes: "All is as it should be" ---- and I'll take that! ps. Had to put away 2 more pairs of Linen pants because my they are sagging in the bum -- woot woot. Let's keep going, ladies!
                    F, 48, 5'10"
                    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

• It is day 12 for me and i still feel great. i weighed again today just to make sure i hadn't imagined it and yep.. 296.4!

i haven't weighed less than 300 pounds for most of my 20's... i feel like i can do anything now.

boyfriend and i are making slow cooker pot roast for dinner. suffice to say i cannot wait till dinner time. nom nom nom. :P
                      yay!

Comment

• Well, I made it to Whole5 before I crashed and burned! There has been a lot of work-related stress and unhappiness, and I'm resigning from my job tomorrow and starting a new one on the 24th. I've had a history of stress eating leading to binging when I'm under a lot of pressure. Good news is that I haven't done any of that- I've been gnawing on lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes from my plants outside, or going for walks, where 6 months ago I would have eaten way too much of something starchy and then hated myself.

So in the interest of mental health, I'm sticking to most of the goals I laid out earlier and will be back again to try Whole30 in October! By then I'll be mostly settled in at the new job and hopefully feeling much better about everything.

-ZERO grains
                        -Close to or under 50 carbs per day
                        -Cut out dairy until I'm only eating homemade Greek yogurt
                        -One piece/serving of fruit per day
                        -Learn to get a good balance of omega 3 / omega 6
                        -Drink only water, coconut water, tea, and coffee
                        -Lift heavy things 2-3 times per week
                        -Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
                        Last edited by KimNKY; 09-09-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

It is day 12 for me and i still feel great. i weighed again today just to make sure i hadn't imagined it and yep.. 296.4!

i haven't weighed less than 300 pounds for most of my 20's... i feel like i can do anything now.
                          That is absolutely fantastic. Congratulations to you. Keep eating healthy and keep slow moving. Think of it this way, you are 60% of the way to 290lbs ------- Keep it rolling.
                          F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

• Originally posted by KimNKY View Post
                            Well, I made it to Whole5 before I crashed and burned! There has been a lot of work-related stress and unhappiness, and I'm resigning from my job tomorrow and starting a new one on the 24th. I've had a history of stress eating leading to binging when I'm under a lot of pressure. Good news is that I haven't done any of that- I've been gnawing on lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes from my plants outside, or going for walks, where 6 months ago I would have eaten way too much of something starchy and then hated myself.

So in the interest of mental health, I'm sticking to most of the goals I laid out earlier and will be back again to try Whole30 in October! By then I'll be mostly settled in at the new job and hopefully feeling much better about everything.

-ZERO grains
                            -Close to or under 50 carbs per day
                            -Cut out dairy until I'm only eating homemade Greek yogurt
                            -One piece/serving of fruit per day
                            -Learn to get a good balance of omega 3 / omega 6
                            -Drink only water, coconut water, tea, and coffee
                            -Lift heavy things 2-3 times per week
                            -Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
                            It's a wise person who analyzes the situation and makes changes according to what's going on in your life. You are still eating better than the majority. Do what you can and be kind to yourself. Good luck on you new job -- exciting!
                            F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

• Day 14 of Whole 30 *(3) - Still in ketosis

Day 14 of 30: (Sat, Sept 14th)
                              Calories: 709
                              Fat: 61gm - 70%
                              Protein 37.2gm - 22%
                              Carbs: 15.7gm - 8%
                              Alcohol: 0
                              weight: 149.4 (-5lbs) ---

Couple of observations for today:

1. Started with bullet coffee (2 coffees with 1/2 cup coconut milk)

2. Nothing else to dinner: Steak, Caesar Salad, Zuccheni, Mushrooms sauteed in butter, 3 tsp's high fat greek yogourt & 6 raspberries + 1 slice of french brie, double cheese.

3. Although the ratios are in line for ketosis (70% fat, Protein 22% and 9% carbs), I feel that I'm still not consuming enough carbs. I do need to increase both fat and protein. I think I'll try to have an extra few hardboiled eggs tomorrow and a bit more high fat cheese.

4. I have no cravings; I have an abundance of energy; keto stix indicate ketosis.

I'll be measuring myself tomorrow and we'll see where the scales are. Hoping to still be around 149 or just below. Would be nice to stay in the 140's versus bouncing into the low 150's.

Off for my 10km nightly walk. Have a great evening, everyone!
                              F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

• Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
                                It's a wise person who analyzes the situation and makes changes according to what's going on in your life. You are still eating better than the majority. Do what you can and be kind to yourself. Good luck on you new job -- exciting!
                                Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm still staying mostly primal and feeling really great, but need to leave myself room for slips over the next couple of weeks- and I'm sure there will be farewell and welcome parties or lunches which would be difficult to navigate on Whole30, especially when trying to fit in with a new group of coworkers.

I do think the new job will help me with PB. It's in the corporate office for a company that makes meat products- not organic/grassfed, but employees are asked to test new products so there is potential for free bacon! Also deli meats, ham, and pork. It's also a higher salary which will help me add more organic and grassfed into my diet, where before it wasn't within my budget. And there is a branch of my gym in walking distance from the office, so I can lift heavy things while avoiding rush hour traffic!
                                Last edited by KimNKY; 09-09-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X