Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavour help

Hi All,
    Any suggestions on what to flavour meat with??
    All the sauces / dips i used to do have sugar in them(cant seem to escape this dreaded stuff)
    i know about seasons(garlic and all that) but what about say sweet chilli?
    i did cook meet with say onions/mushrooms & garlic and was great but running out of ideas.
    Think i need to buy this guys cook book:-)

You can get a free cookbook. Just go to the front page and fill out the form on the right sidebar that says "Subscribe". You get one or two free cookbooks and a couple other downloads plus every now and then Mark sends one of his blog posts to you.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

More meat? Bacon makes everything better

Comment

Toum.

hit up google for some good Toum recipies. I love this stuff on everything.

Comment

Both honey and maple syrup are "primal". Nothing wrong with using small amounts of either on an occasional basis.

I also saute onions, mushrooms, garlic, peppers, etc. in red or white wine, and serve that with meat.

Comment

Um... ANYTHING!

Citrus, herbs, peppers, garlic, onion, fruits, wine, home-made vinaigrette, just plain salt and pepper... the list is endless!
            >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
            >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
            >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Thanks Guys, All good suggestion.
              I think i'm being over careful i suppose

Comment

mustard, horseradish, wasabi, tamari, ginger, maple syrup, 5-spice, paprika, tobasco are just a few that I use on a very regular basis

Comment

Oh, and this stuff that is now my favorite hot sauce.

Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce, 18-Ounce Jars (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Comment

Originally posted by zilog View Post
                    mustard, horseradish, wasabi, tamari, ginger, maple syrup, 5-spice, paprika, tobasco are just a few that I use on a very regular basis
                    Mmm... horseradish... that's a personal favorite of mine!
                    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Montreal Steak Spice.
                      Sandra
                      *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

If you make up your own mayo as a base, it can then become the "carrier" for any spice in the world.

Mayo is just eggs in the blender then SLOWLY drizzle in some oil 'til you get the right consistency (I like avocado or coconut oil personally but olive oil also works.)

Comment

Thanks,
                          It just so many sauces that are made have sugar in them. Maybe i shouldn't worry too much as this would put me well above the 80/20. I suppose its everywhere and its about not consuming too much and to keep the rest as natural as possible.

Comment

Here is some flavor in your ear!

Comment

Working...
                            X